Boston for tourists.

Pistol

So im going there in June for about 3-4 days. Going for the Dodger/Sox game.

But would like to check out the regular touristy stuff and maybe some other things.

Besides the game i would like to do

fenway park tour

kennedy museum

frederick law olmsted site

curious george shop by harvard /nh

any other recomendations?

also im looking at expedia and could you shed some light on the neighborhoods back bay, cambridge, quincy market financial district, theater district.im going with the wife so im looking a good neighborhood in the city close to the sights and transportation.

ill probably see if i can youtube dave attell and man vs food in boston for more ideas.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Pistol...

The Kennedy Museum is one of those places that nobody from around here really goes to unless its on a field trip in the 6th grade...its nice once, but its really boring to be honest. There's also the Science Museum and Aquarium, which are both better times. I also have a friend who works at the Science Museum and can arrange a private tour if I were to ask.

The Back Bay neighborhood of Boston is the upscale section, it used to be marsh land but was filled in way back to create that neighborhood. There's a lot of good shops, restaurants and bars, and its not far from the Public Gardens and Boston Common. Its also not a terribly long walk from the Theater District, Chinatown, Downtown Crossing or even Fenway.

The Financial District is pretty nice, its a bit quieter on the weekends because there's not much work going on, but it is close to South Station (the T), Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market, and the North End. The North End has probably the best restaurants in the city, especially if you like Italian food. It is the Italian section of the city. Its also close to Boston Garden (Celtics/Bruins).

Harvard Square is in Cambridge which is not part of Boston but is right next door. Its a nice place to go on foot and browse the stores, book shops, and that Curious George spot. There are good restaurants and bars (Charlie's is recommended for cheap eats and drinks). You can get there on the red line, or by bus from Back Bay via Mass Ave.

I would say if you could find a crash spot near the Theater District you will be pretty centralized, you can catch the Green Line, Red Line and Orange Line subway close by and those will take you anywhere you want to go, or have mentioned.

I'm super fucking jealous you got those Sox/Dodgers tix too...and fuck Manny Ramirez.

go to the commons and learn how to smoke crack from the local homeless

go to the financial district and watch businessmen on their way to their mistresses

go to the fens and watch homosexuals walk around looking for gay blowjobs

go to allston and wonder how the fuck they fit into their pants

honestly. the christian science reflecting pool on huntington is good shit, one of my favorite places in this city. check that out. take a walk around the pru, but don't buy shit (expensive, and nothing really good). then go to newbury street. fenway is like a 15 minute walk from newbury after that. pretty much all the sights and sounds are within 10 minutes walking from eachother. oh, and go to WAN convenience in roxbury and see my buddy al for a bob marley (turkey and bacon sub, all homemade)

• Like 3

where's that shit at? i'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to clothes and shit, i'm mainly an AJ wright kinda guy, getting 10 dollar pants and shit, but i need to get a nice new pair of shoes. maybe even a better winter jacket like a northface. is that shit downtown, cuz i know hip zepi has some decent deals on winter coats every now and then too.

dude me and compton red went a few summers back for the giants vs. red sox....

boston is a great time....

heres what sux there are not very many liquor stores, like you cant buy beer at 7/11 shit like that....

you will find hella shit to do, we did a city tour which was decent, fenway tour was highly recommended by both of us...

This is exactly the kind of info i wanted. I didnt want a hotel outside the ramrod.

Im hoping to be able to get in on a fenway tour. But its first come first serve and im anticipating alot of Dodger fans being in town for the game. Probably go a couple days before to try and catch it. Also for the fans where the best seats at Fenway?