haitiiiii

wags

So, I am leaving for Haiti on Saturday. I'll be there for a good amount of time. I was wondering if any of you guys have been there and can tell me places I need to see, any experiences, any food I should try.. that kind of stuff. I know it's not really a hot spot to travel, but maybe a couple of you have been there.

Yeahhh, and if you can give me any travel safety tips for a female in a corrupt place, lemme know hahah. :D

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My boy's dad has been trying to get us to go there with him for years, I think 2010 is the year to finally get on that

I'd get on that, Dominican girls hands down have the best asses on the planet.

Plus it's cool to travel with/visit someone who knows local stuff instead of sticking to the tourist bullshit.

I'm sayin'. I've been checking out some of the intensive Spanish programs where you stay with a host family and all that jazz.

They look good and aren't overly expensive, but I don't think the host family would take me to the right club to meet teh ladies and get wasted/not get beat up and robbed.

102804haiti.jpg

22haiti-600.jpg

titlephoto2.jpg

hah!

Really though...

I only know of one person who's gone to Haiti and had anything decent to say about it. Homeboy stayed in Jacmel on the South side of the island. He did bring back a lot of interesting pictures. I really doubt you're going to get any inside knowledge from the oontz set on this one.

Google is your friend.

Grew up with Haitians and my next door neighbors are a Haitian family.

My ex roommate (white boy) went there for a couple of days to pick up his crazy mother and his his granmother who has Alzheimer's cuz they got in to some crazy situation where the bf of the mother was extorting them. some gutter type shit!

Some real heavy stuff, i feel bad for my boy.

All this to say that i only heard bad things about it.

I hope everything works out for you!

Take flicks, start a thread.

7.3 according to dom rep news. my wife and our daughter is in dom rep right now (she's from puerto plata.) i was on the phone with her and in the middle of the conversation she's like "ohhhh shit there's an earthquake!!" then the phones went down and i didnt hear from them for 15min (longest 15min of my life) wifey's internet jus came back so she told me what happened on i.m. i guess it didnt hit d.r. too hard but haiti got rocked. my daughter was napping at the time i guess she didnt even wake up from the earthquake only commotion in the streets after it was done. there's also a tsunami watch on the north coast of domrep. i've never been over the border to haiti, but i've heard it gets pretty real over there. my wife's dad said they eat dirt cookies and rotting goat heads with worms crawling in them. like they literally make cookies from dirt, animal fat, and sugar.

edit: update from wifey i guess the skies in haiti are full of dust they say it looks like katrina over there. (even more than it normally does)

port-au-prince just got hit by a 7.0 earthquake, broseph.

best of luck

Strong quake hits Haiti, hospital collapses

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/01/12/international/i141733S04.DTL&tsp=1

"Everybody is just totally, totally freaked out and shaken," said Henry Bahn, a U.S. Department of Agriculture visiting Haiti. "The sky is just gray with dust."

How long are you planning on staying there?