Strangest thing you've seen hauled on a train?

Grasp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a flatcar in the yard with a huge reactor-looking thing on it. Big cylinder on its side, one end was all honeycombed with holes where rods were clearly insertable (NH). Right around the time a nuke plant within range had been decommissioned and dismantled. But it wasn't labeled for radiation at all so it could have been a big industrial furnace/boiler thing. It was round and propped up on each side by, get this, one little triangle of wood a foot long. Not surprisingly, it had a BAD ORDER tag for "improperly secured load".

i have the fliks but dont really feel like looking for them. right after hurricane Katrina i saw a unit train of prefab trailer type houses. they had banners that read: FEMA hurricane katrina relief effort. Thing is they were headed north, while NOLA is west of here.

a friend of mine once took a 100lb bag of frejoles negro out of a box car. he has photos of him trying to get it out of the car but the door was not opened all the way. he got it out of the car but couldnt carry it home - after all they were just beans.

when I was a little shithead that just started writing we used to break into the intermodals while they were being staged at our local spot. sometimes you'd spend all this time and effort only to get them open and find out they were full of shopping bags loaded down with sand. Guess it had something to do with weighing them down.

I did so much stupid shit back then, I consider myself lucky it never bit me in the ass.

• 2 weeks later...