Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grasp

Strangest thing you've seen hauled on a train?

Pictures highly encouraged.

I've seen tanks, and a F-16 with wings taken off and strapped to another train.

Hands down the WORST thing i've ever experienced was the Chicago EL' having a Christmas train... complete with lights and music! hellish to say the least....

Saw a flatcar in the yard with a huge reactor-looking thing on it. Big cylinder on its side, one end was all honeycombed with holes where rods were clearly insertable (NH). Right around the time a nuke plant within range had been decommissioned and dismantled. But it wasn't labeled for radiation at all so it could have been a big industrial furnace/boiler thing. It was round and propped up on each side by, get this, one little triangle of wood a foot long. Not surprisingly, it had a BAD ORDER tag for "improperly secured load".

Wish I had flicks but i dont... once saw the casing to a nuclear Missile being transported on a flatcar pulling out of Queensgate yard in Cincinnati... I fuckin flipped, that thing was so damn big

not my photo, but i see a lot of these Air Products heat exchange units. saw one go by a few weeks ago.

pictures\18261\Air%20Products_12-16-06.jpg

other than that, plenty of tanks and army hummers...

saw some a few months ago with some kinda jet on it...pretty cool but dont have any pics.other than that its been just alot of coal trains comin through...

nice erupto on that hopper in between the crane things..recently hum-vs or something similar grey primered, mail trucks awhile ago (in autoracks, i think, cant recall)..army tanks..the usual

• Like 1

i have the fliks but dont really feel like looking for them. right after hurricane Katrina i saw a unit train of prefab trailer type houses. they had banners that read: FEMA hurricane katrina relief effort. Thing is they were headed north, while NOLA is west of here.

a friend of mine once took a 100lb bag of frejoles negro out of a box car. he has photos of him trying to get it out of the car but the door was not opened all the way. he got it out of the car but couldnt carry it home - after all they were just beans.

only once looked in a train, completely empty except empty a few empty bags of talcum powder or some shit.

de0ite.jpg

when I was a little shithead that just started writing we used to break into the intermodals while they were being staged at our local spot. sometimes you'd spend all this time and effort only to get them open and find out they were full of shopping bags loaded down with sand. Guess it had something to do with weighing them down.

I did so much stupid shit back then, I consider myself lucky it never bit me in the ass.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now