Blockbuster & Hollywood Video are getting owned

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year. I was visiting my best friend, there was some movie we wanted to check out so I "acquired" it. After five minutes, she said she couldn't deal with watching it on my laptop so we rented it.

The Blockbuster we were at actually seemed pretty busy but it has been a year.And I haven't seen a Hollywood in ages.

Well if I'm not mistaken IBM tried pairing up with Blockbuster to introduce movie streaming through the computer in the mid-late 90's. Which was a total flop. Millions was invested in it. and I think they were in the same complacent mindset as Kodak was. "We don't need to research and create a product for the future..." That worked out well for both companies.

Anyone remember Major Video? For a few years in RI they were warring with Blockbuster hard...one location I can remember switched back and forth between the two 3 or 4 times, it was weird.

Then Hollywood Video came along and Major dissapeared. I remember when Hollywood Video first opened up they had a theatre room you could chill in and watch movies, and a free popcorn machine

Eh. i use Netflix now and Im quite content with it. I lamp off my parents account because Id rather just sit and stream a "Watch Instantly" movie. If I dont finish it then whatevs. A lot of the times Ill just find something I can miss most of but be entertained when I watch it. Ill start a movie...go make dinner..come back to eat, eat real quick and be out. My parents dont do the watch instantly they only rent by mail. I used to grab a movie from RedBox every now and then on the way home from work and that worked out well. Blockbuster and Hollywood Video arent worth the hassle anymore. Hell i still owe 100 bucks for a video game I returned late by a week....fucking retarded fees.

Sad thing is that so many things in this world are becoming an "At home" thing. Almost like soon no one will leave their homes for anything. When Microsoft was previewing their new game system that senses movement they showed 2 families playing a trivia game at separate houses. I think unless these people live more than 300 miles from each other that should never happen.