Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

Blockbuster & Hollywood Video are getting owned

......by Netflix, OnDemand, and piracy. Shits are goin outta business all over town.

when was the last time you guys rented a movie?

I technically still rent...from netflix. Fuck you Blockblister. I'm thinkin if I rent a couple games/movies and keep them for a very long time I'll be able to keep 'em since their bound to close.

Blockbuster is 3 or 4 dollars a movie, and last time I walked in there neither my girl nor I could find anything we wanted. Redboxes are the shit, I only watch the movie once anyways so it's no biggie to take it back the next day.

I rent from Blockbuster through the mail,as well as netflix,as well as Redbox,as well as piracy.

Havent seen any closing around here.

Excitebike.jpg

This was the last thing i ever rented from a store like that, and it was like some noname place in my home town. Mom gave me 5bucks to rent it for the weekend and i had 50cents left over and bought a can of cold MrPibb from around the corner..then i walked back home. That was a great day.

Last year. I was visiting my best friend, there was some movie we wanted to check out so I "acquired" it. After five minutes, she said she couldn't deal with watching it on my laptop so we rented it.

The Blockbuster we were at actually seemed pretty busy but it has been a year.And I haven't seen a Hollywood in ages.

There used to be a seedy operation called Video King around here a while back. Still had the Adult section sanctioned off and all it sold was Godzilla movies and shitty slasher flicks. Oh and it was all VHS till death. Closed in 2007.

ComicBookGuySmall.jpg

Worked there.

Anyone from SF remember Leather Tongue? That place had EVERYTHING.

Well if I'm not mistaken IBM tried pairing up with Blockbuster to introduce movie streaming through the computer in the mid-late 90's. Which was a total flop. Millions was invested in it. and I think they were in the same complacent mindset as Kodak was. "We don't need to research and create a product for the future..." That worked out well for both companies.

My only complaint with Netflix is the instant play vs. add ratio. There is a decent amount of ones I can stream on my comp but, I do get a bit annoyed with how many titles aren't available for streaming.

Only time I ever go to Hollywood Video is to rent seasons of DVD's, or when I was dating my ex to rent whatever shitty new horror movie she wanted to see

It's definitely a fucking rip off compared to Netflix, but I only rent something once every 4-6 months probably, so I'm not too worried it

Anyone remember Major Video? For a few years in RI they were warring with Blockbuster hard...one location I can remember switched back and forth between the two 3 or 4 times, it was weird.

Then Hollywood Video came along and Major dissapeared. I remember when Hollywood Video first opened up they had a theatre room you could chill in and watch movies, and a free popcorn machine

I believe one of the major movie companies just signed some sort of deal to delay netflix access to new releases by 28 days, to give the stores a fighting chance.

2001.jpg.67144477b798593b345cbd43f3d25d0b.jpg

i'm still wondering how blockbuster didn't think, hey we could just do this shit through the internet, even domino's got internet pizza

Not only do they have internet pizza, they embedded a code in Everquest II so the nerds could type '/pizza' and order a fucking pizza to their house.

I believe one of the major movie companies just signed some sort of deal to delay netflix access to new releases by 28 days, to give the stores a fighting chance.

"Sonsabitches!"

george_costanza.jpg

I remember when Blockbuster used to require a credit card for membership, rape you with extra charges, and generally suck.

The first company to do the hair employee drug test that I heard also.

Fuck Blockbuster.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now