Self Medication

SwampFightOner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, those of you suggesting I also chill out on the drinking, you're probably right but quitting drinking isn't something I'm ready to do. It also isn't something that triggers my manic depressive episodes, as they always occur during the day, when I'm stone sober.

Alcohol has a similar affect on me, so I think I know what you're going through. My day after is always bad because of that. It's when my self loathing uses my head as a speed bag. It's the depressants in alcohol that do it to you.

When I said chill and get yourself straight, I don't mean quit drinking or partying or fighting or eating weiners. You just need to moderate yourself while you're going through this. Figure out what's fucking with you and try to fix it. If you need to try zoloft or whatever, go for it. See how it works, but know that adding depressants into your body while you're on that isn't a good idea --if you're depressed.

I'm on day two of the klonopin and these have been the first two days in a long time that I didn't suffer some kind of emotional breakdown/flip out/whatever...something is going ok.

After the 30 days I'm going to see how I feel without them, and if I go back to feeling like shit then it'll be time to look into some long term anti depressants maybe, Prozac or someting of that nature

Edit: And yo, speaking of weiners (no homo), I'm so pissed. I've been craving System for like a week now, but the Smith Hill one is "closed for renovations" (which they do periodically, and NOTHING ever changes), and I hate the ones from Olneyville

Now, those of you suggesting I also chill out on the drinking, you're probably right but quitting drinking isn't something I'm ready to do. It also isn't something that triggers my manic depressive episodes

"Although substance abuse is not considered a cause of bipolar disorder(manic depression), it can worsen the illness by interfering with recovery. Use of alcohol or tranquilizers may induce a more severe depressive phase."

when it says recovery it means your mornings (hangovers) from the night before

your "episodes" happen in the morning because when you are recovering from the alcohol it makes your depressive phase worse

if your saying drinking aint the cause because your problems happen in the morning your dead wrong its actually the exact reason

why your episodes happen in the morning

from http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/the-causes-of-bipolar-disorder-manic-depression/

/no dr.

Edit: And yo, speaking of weiners (no homo), I'm so pissed. I've been craving System for like a week now, but the Smith Hill one is "closed for renovations" (which they do periodically, and NOTHING ever changes), and I hate the ones from Olneyville

I drove by there tonight mad hungry and figured it would be the perfect pit stop until I noticed that nonexistant renovations sign. It has to be their excuse for a vacation because I'm pretty sure they're open every day except Christmas.

^^ Haha

No doubt tho feeling like shit in the day is from drinking every night, I know this from doing the same except when I woke up in the morning I would just start drinking again so I didnt have to deal with the whole depression thing.

After going 6 months totally sober ( not even weed altho now I smoke up again a bit and have some beers every night/second night ) I realised oh wait it really WAS the excessive use of substances that made me want to get reckless and not give a fuck.

Simply put party hard and take whatever drugs you want brother but if you don't like the after effects to the point where you want to change then adding another drug into the mix is not a cure at BEST it is a temporary cover up.

Best of luck

No advice in the World will make this Cat stop, thats why i try to make light of it with the Jokes. He will have to learn on his own, although i agree with what everyone has said.

Im sure we will read another 10 threads this year involving the same topic and we will give the same great advice, that he wont listen too.

Do us a Favor though Aybee just make a Ayebee luvs drugs, but really doesn't he wants to quit but not really appreciation thread and save us the time so we can consolidate the train wreck to one spot.

Not hating im just saying...........................

I don't think he's totally opposed to making some changes in his lifestyle, but it's gonna have to be his call. He can only beat himself up for so long before he decides that it's a sucker's game...another factor is that he's selfish, so hopefully he'll sort it out before it gets sorted out for him.

I just got freaked out because I know a couple people who went out this way and it was a total waste. If I had known what was going on with them all the way down the line, I could have at least tried to slap some sense into them but they played the "dude, I'm getting my shit together, I'm not doing hard dope anymore...see, my pills are prescribed, I'm legit!" card really well, and when you see someone doing good after doing bad for so long you want to believe them...those aren't odds I want to play anymore.

All I can say is this. I know at least a couple of his friends are probably going to read this thread, and I want them to at least try to talk some sense into him and let them know that they care. No one is invincible...even if they keep beating the house, eventually they're gonna crap out and that's something you really don't want to have to live with.

i have been prescribed benzos for many years now. i have really bad anxiety.

alright,

- If you take them in the morning, they only last for about 6 hours.

- What you need to remember though, is that benzos can also be used as a sleeping aid (as my doctor has told me and from experience). It's going to be rough taking one of those and going to work, especially if you are not very tolerant to them. You'll probably be very sluggish by the end of the day. I would take one in the morning on a Saturday and Sunday just to try it out and see how you act and feel. Everyone reacts to medication differently.

On that note, you will be fine drinking at night in my opinion. I wouldn't drink as much. But, like I said, everyone reacts to medication differently.

good luck, i hope things turn around for you. benzos have helped me a lot at times. it's something to take when you need them.. not something you take every morning in my experience, but we are using them for two different reasons. alcohol is a depressant, if anything i would try to cut it back.. it can only do good, not bad.

yea, no half steppin on this one.

a few years back my friend had the same philosophy, which wasn't really a philosophy just a bunch of excuses. He went to a party, ended up getting wasted, and said he decided to pass out at the kids house for the night. He had a dream about driving, but actually woke up in someone's front yard, wrapped around a tree, and walked home still convinced it was a dream....until he found out and saw what happened to his car, and what could've happened to him.

mixing mood stabilizers with alcohol may be fun but it's fucking dangerous. not worth it...

Have you researched the drug you're on? There might be an alcohol warning.

There is, and I have experience with how bad it can be when mixed with alcohol.

However taking just one in the morning and then drinking at night hasn't shown to produce any bad results as of yet, so I'm fairly confident in what I've got going on.

Like I said, I haven't felt this calm and levelheaded in a long time