Self Medication

SwampFightOner

I know it goes against everything DAO ever said but you should lay off the booze, it IS a depressant and to keep on drinking heavily will ultimately negate any effects that anti depressants will offer you, I know you wanna still be able to go out partying and shit but believe me it is booze that makes a manic depressive, I know I have been there, it took me fucking years to realise it but since I have stopped drinking so much I am a much more positive and happy person.

It might be working ok now, but that is because you are thinking it is the right thing to do, once you stop taking the pills and still drink heavily you will still get the depressive episodes.

But good luck no matter what happens!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im stoked to e one of those people that can drink all night and get 2 hours of sleep and still feel good the next day and go into work and put in a solid 8.

like im about to do right now

Agreed decyferon my niggle.

I am now EIGHT DAYS SOBER.And I feel like a motherfucking champ! I'm not as depressed this week and I feel things are really looking up. I also quit smoking cigs on January 1st so that's pretty cool too. I haven't had any harsh cravings, mainly, I think because I've been staying really fucking busy. I don't give myself time to think about how badly I'd love a brew and a camel filter.

On that note I'm finna smoke a jay-bird (of course I'm still smoking herb every now and again) and take my dog for a run.

Also, I just read your comment about how it isn't the drinking because you get depressed during the day, that is exactly how I used to be when I drank a lot, obviously I can only comment for myself, but it may be worth a try knocking the drinking on the head for a bit, just see if it helps, surely that is better than using other drugs to try and combat a problem that could easily be solved another way.

Anyone who could get "high" off 1 mg of klonopin would be a lucky man, that's like being trashed off 2 beers

I'm not saying 1mg is leaving you "trashed"

but you feel different, you feel better...that's a high, no?

anyways blah blah blah, just do you

how come being depressed is gay, but anti-depressants are so cool?

• Like 1

However taking just one in the morning and then drinking at night hasn't shown to produce any bad results as of yet, so I'm fairly confident in what I've got going on.

Like I said, I haven't felt this calm and levelheaded in a long time

So you're going to pull this for 30 days, then see if you can quit cold turkey? Watch out man, you might find yourself addicted to this shit, then when you stop fall right back into the same pattern.

So you're going to pull this for 30 days, then see if you can quit cold turkey? Watch out man, you might find yourself addicted to this shit, then when you stop fall right back into the same pattern.

As much as I'll admit I have an addictive personality, there is one good thing about it...I know very much what I like and what I don't like.

I've tried plenty of drugs, and anything that wasn't an upper hasn't really ever appealed to me at all, and thus I couldn't even come close to being addicted.

I'm taking these for 30 days and then won't be touching them again, that's an absolute guarantee. If after the 30 I start to feel badly again, then it might be time to actually see a doctor and try for something more longterm

Edit: As for water intoxication, doubt it haha. Although when I was on house arrest and used to have to piss with someone in the room I would hafta drink insane amounts for hours (shy bladder and all), and that used to definitely make me feel sick as a dog after

i have been prescribed benzos for many years now. i have really bad anxiety.

alright,

- If you take them in the morning, they only last for about 6 hours.

- What you need to remember though, is that benzos can also be used as a sleeping aid (as my doctor has told me and from experience). It's going to be rough taking one of those and going to work, especially if you are not very tolerant to them. You'll probably be very sluggish by the end of the day. I would take one in the morning on a Saturday and Sunday just to try it out and see how you act and feel. Everyone reacts to medication differently.

On that note, you will be fine drinking at night in my opinion. I wouldn't drink as much. But, like I said, everyone reacts to medication differently.

good luck, i hope things turn around for you. benzos have helped me a lot at times. it's something to take when you need them.. not something you take every morning in my experience, but we are using them for two different reasons. alcohol is a stimulant, if anything i would try to cut it back.. it can only do good, not bad.

*fixed

i totally disagree with your 30 day plan (i am a mother after all....) but there is def no stopping you. but if this doesn't work out please promise you won't try to get on full time depression meds and still drink. those things are usually time released and you will never feel right. believe me, me and mine have been through that shit. i know my womanly advice isn't that helpful but at least pay this a little heed.

**hey!! you got my 500th!!

There is, and I have experience with how bad it can be when mixed with alcohol.

However taking just one in the morning and then drinking at night hasn't shown to produce any bad results as of yet, so I'm fairly confident in what I've got going on.

Like I said, I haven't felt this calm and levelheaded in a long time

Shaking_head.gif

• Like 1

For me klonopins are useless.

Check this out tho AB. I was locked up and they started

giving me prozac. This is the only medication that ive felt

improved by. Considering my location and state of affairs

at the time there may be something to that. If you have

decided to go this route (which isn't necessarily the wrong

move) i would suggest taking a low dose of the klonopin

and a low does of a SSRI like prozac or zoloft. It will take

a month or so for the SSRI to go into effect and its not a drug

that you can abuse. I wouldn't recommend too much SSRI.

Sexual side effects but 20mg of Prozac you probably wouldn't

notice it.. And if your genuinely trying to get your depression and

anxiety under control i would suggest slowly cutting the benzos

out once the SSRI begins to take over. The benzo is good for

the transition but after that its just another drug.

I went into jail with a 20-30 mg of xanax a day habit. This isn't

some shit you want to detox off either. I seriously felt

like flushing myself down the toilet

talk about self medication. I took eight 10/325 norcos and i'm drinking beer.

Chewed them all at the same time and I can barely feel them.

Shits annoying. I take some opiate pain killers maybe 3 or 4 times a month. Its

not like i abuse the shit. You would think 80mg of hydrocodone i would be fucked up.

I don't think he's totally opposed to making some changes in his lifestyle, but it's gonna have to be his call. He can only beat himself up for so long before he decides that it's a sucker's game...another factor is that he's selfish, so hopefully he'll sort it out before it gets sorted out for him.

I just got freaked out because I know a couple people who went out this way and it was a total waste. If I had known what was going on with them all the way down the line, I could have at least tried to slap some sense into them but they played the "dude, I'm getting my shit together, I'm not doing hard dope anymore...see, my pills are prescribed, I'm legit!" card really well, and when you see someone doing good after doing bad for so long you want to believe them...those aren't odds I want to play anymore.

All I can say is this. I know at least a couple of his friends are probably going to read this thread, and I want them to at least try to talk some sense into him and let them know that they care. No one is invincible...even if they keep beating the house, eventually they're gonna crap out and that's something you really don't want to have to live with.

this guy always has good advice...i like it. for somebody that really isnt into AA ;) ......

"In 1993 Dr. Grob directed the Hoasca Project, the first in-depth study of the physical and psychological effects of ayahuasca on humans. He and his team went to Brazil, where the plant mixture can be taken legally, to study members of a church, the União do Vegetal (UDV), who use ayahuasca as a sacrament, and compared them to a control group that had never ingested the substance. The studies found that all the ayahuasca-using UDV members had experienced remission without recurrence of their addictions, depression, or anxiety disorders. Unlike most common anti-depressants, which Grob says can create such high levels of serotonin that cells may actually compensate by losing many of their serotonin receptors, the Hoasca Project showed that ayahuasca strongly enhances the body’s ability to absorb the serotonin that’s naturally there [4]. 'Ayahuasca is perhaps a far more sophisticated and effective way to treat depression than SSRIs [antidepressant drugs],"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

a good friend of mine did that course in the jungles of peru. came back to australia o'd and died 6 months later at 21. :(