yo whats up with basset hounds?

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any kind of hounds are definatly my favorite kinda dogs... Most of them are pretty layed back once they arent a puppy and wont always annoy you for years and years, but pups are always fun to play with.

personally, im not a fan of the low-rider, flappy, foldy dogs like bassets, but we have a beagle, and she's awesome. I'd say go for it!

this lil homie is 4 years old. him and his sister were abandoned at the shelter. he's got heart worms so he cant be adopted out until he gets em fixed (shelter is paying for that shit). my girl said he was chill. when all the other dogs at the shelter were whylin out, he was just layin there all mellow. we'll see. ima peep him tomorrow.

this lil homie is 4 years old. him and his sister were abandoned at the shelter. he's got heart worms so he cant be adopted out until he gets em fixed (shelter is paying for that shit). my girl said he was chill. when all the other dogs at the shelter were whylin out, he was just layin there all mellow. we'll see. ima peep him tomorrow.

i think alot of that has to do with the fact that it's sick.

I haven't read much of this thread, so if I'm repeating myself....

Basset hounds like to howl, so they're loud. I saw someone already said they need to be cleaned frequently. I've heard they have leg problems more often than not, so it could get expensive. I knew someone who had one, and it was old and loyal, but barked like a retard at nothing. It also dropped ass like a machine. So you'll be able to say "it was the dog" after 3 weeks and probably get away with it.

*edit: I see the howl thing was mentioned above me.

i had 2 basset hounds growing up. the first one lived until 15 which is apparently insane for the breed, and the other one just turned 12. like most hounds, they are short haired and pretty oily. they can carry quite the oder, but so can almost any dog. both our basset's were never very loud, they would get into the occasional barking fit, but it was nothing i would call excessive. one thing i didnt see anyone mention, is how incredibly stubborn they can be at times, which is either the most frustrating thing or hilarious thing depending on the situation. they will pack the pounds on if you dont walk them, and will sleep all day.

super loyal, and very well behaved around kids and strangers. i say go for it.

my moms neighbor has one and i fucking hate it, super anoying howling all fucking day and night, my dogs want to tear it apart so it stays away from my moms fence now. they are lazy too.. i like dogs that run and play and be a bud... at least your going with a dog then some faggoty ass cat... good luck adopting dogs its the way to go...