STONER ROCK, SLUDGE METAL, DRONE, DOOM! music thread

person

OM - Pilgrimage This is my favorite album by OM. Just saw them a couple months back and they were very good.

I saw om as well a few months back and was really pleased. Emil Amos is a good fit after the former sleep drummer left. Were they performing with that guitarist/vocalist when you saw them? He fucking whaled, incredibly high pitched bellowing. Good show.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw om as well a few months back and was really pleased. Emil Amos is a good fit after the former sleep drummer left. Were they performing with that guitarist/vocalist when you saw them? He fucking whaled, incredibly high pitched bellowing. Good show.

that guy is robert lowe aka lichens. lichens is really good. there arent really any vocals on it just drone stuff. he has also done an album with a guy from bloc party and one from tv on the radio (two bands im not into) thats not so bad.

it was cool you caught em on that tour since it was kinda short. i think i like emil as well. om really came together and has a nice flow going with pilgrimage and following it up with god is good. they are my two favorite albums by them so emil is doing well in my book.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the grails are dope. a good friend went to go see them at the ATP in england over the summer or whenever it was a short time ago. sleep also played a reuinted show which he said was stellar.

hibernaculum is good but its really just a small ep of stuff from other albums. all the songs are great tho. ive got a bunch of hard to find stuff of theirs and live business. check this out. http://southernshelter.com/category/earth/

haha. i made a thread yesterday or the day before about artie from the stern show. i havent been on 12oz in some time. i check it out here and there but am dropping my two cents once again.

lots of unfamiliar names up here. i am getting some laughs out of that tease thread. that dude was pretty funny.

ive really gotten into some doom/drone stuff the past year so yeah, it was cool to see this thread pop up.

!@#$% you should check out yawning man. josh homme has said that band was a major inspiration for kyuss.

before i go on about music, i just wanted to mention this thread bumped me up to 420 props points. I thought that was relevant because this is a stoner rock thread... 420...

anywho,

FLOOR!

predecessor to Torche, floor was an on and off sludge group out of florida.

Dove, was recorded in 1994, didn't get released until 2004. Amazing, crusty, punky, heavy and sludgy. With two 15+ min songs to boot.

floor_dove.gif.jpg

Floor's self-titled, more melodic in vocals, closer to the direction that Steve Brooks went with Torche.

2789047132_72c4b49ab2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmg6ljnbpgx

If you ever go see Torche live (which you definately should), they usually have a bunch of old (and newly printed) floor stuff.

Floor is reuniting to do a couple of shows in april, one in miami and the other in atlanta. They're also putting out a boxset of everything floor ever recorded, a bunch of unreleased stuff, but way to expensive.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/12/floor_reuniting.html

the grails are dope. a good friend went to go see them at the ATP in england over the summer or whenever it was a short time ago. sleep also played a reuinted show which he said was stellar.

yeah, i was really disappointed that sleep only played a couple reunion shows in england. if i had the time and money, i would have loved to have gone. hopefully they'll make it back over the pond for some more shows.

matt pike sleep > matt pike high on fire