Mayhem Fest

Ceks41

2010 Mayhem Bands And Dates Announced

Posted Jan 19, 2010 9:05 PM by metaljohn

The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival featuring KORN and Rob Zombie kicks off July 10th in San Bernardino, CA and will roll through 24 cities in the U.S. and Canada between early July and late August.

This summer's lineup turns up the heat with a main stage lineup that sees KORN and Rob Zombie joined by Lamb Of God and Five Finger Death Punch. The Jagermeister stage will feature Hatebreed, Chimaira, Shawdows Fall, Winds Of Plague and the Jagermeister Battle of The Bands Winner. The Mayhem Festival stage will spotlight Atreyu, Norma Jean, In This Moment and 3 Inches Of Blood.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Go to MarylandDeathFest and be done with it. Fuck if anyone interested in a decent metal fest go to the Scion Rock fest in Columbus Ohio. Shit is free as long as you sign up on the site and pick your ticket(s) up before the deadline. Check it out http://www.scion.com/rock/

Acts worth mentioning:

D.R.I.

Brutal Truth

Hate Eternal

Pelican

Absu

Magrudergrind

Thou

Basically, even a shitty looking car made by a hypocritical company puts on a better metal fest for free.

the first one and second one had some okay bands, but now its gone from 75% gay to 100% gay.

The "scion rock fest" is going to be much better, and its free.

http://www.scion.com/rock

The Roster

- CANNIBAL CORPSE

- SHRINEBUILDER

- VOIVOD

- D.R.I.

- BRUTAL TRUTH

- HATE ETERNAL

- YOB

- PELICAN

- 3 INCHES OF BLOOD

- ABSU

- LUDICRA

- ACRASSICAUDA

- TRAP THEM

- MAGRUDERGRIND

- LANDMINE MARATHON

- THOU

- SAVIOURS

- LITURGY

- STRUCK BY LIGHTING

- BLACK TUSK

- DEADSEA

- LIGHTNING SWORDS OF

DEATH

- LULLABYE ARKESTRA

• Like 1

i went to this last year. it was fucking terrible. slayer was awesome, some kid got knocked 15 feet down a hill, and didn't hit ground at all until about the 15 ft mark. worst mosh pit hit i've ever seen in my life.

avoid that shit like the plague unless you want to show up at the last band and pay 50 bucks FOR it.

Many moons ago I went to Clash of The Titans (Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth). Hell broke loose when Slayer came on. People were coming out with layers of skin torn off, people were getting hit like they were tackling dummies, and walls of death were running rampant. Cool story? Good times.

yeah i went to this as well at the cow palace in frisco

got hurt right at the end of slayer

you cant forget alice in chains opening up

to let yall know slayer show i was going to was postponed

due to tom araya's back probs

• 3 months later...

Went to Mayhem last year (friend got tix)

missed Whitechapel cuz i had to go back to the car cuz my wallet chain was too long and I was gonna choke people with it. Most of the bands are not my "brand" of metal.

notes:

Behemoth was outstanding, esp wearing all that shit in the 115 degree heat.

Cannibal Corpse dint play (boo)

Black Dahlia used to be way betterer.

Slayer was relentless, all business.

Job For a Cowboy was pretty good shit.

Rest of the bands blew ass esp. Bullet and Killswitch (so not my thing)

Everyone left after Slayer which I thought was top fucking notch.

Was way happy I didn't pay for it.

The lineup this year is utter bullshit and i will never pay for an event like this.

MDF etc. is where it's at.

• 3 weeks later...

i saw slayer/pantera one time at the sjstate event center. fucking awesome.

another time i saw white zombie. babes in toy land opened up for them. really? babes in fucking toy land?? not even l7? at least the melvins were the other supporting act. that shit was pretty hard.

btw how was the suckfest ceks??

Many moons ago I went to Clash of The Titans (Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth). Hell broke loose when Slayer came on. People were coming out with layers of skin torn off, people were getting hit like they were tackling dummies, and walls of death were running rampant. Cool story? Good times.

that tour was the shit. alice in chains opened and i had no clue who they were so i didn't bother seeing them. slayer came on last and the third song was reign in blood. all the cats in the cheap seats suddenly had good seats by mowing security. even if no else agrees,, ya good story. i have scars from that show

Wow lotta hatin goin on. I prefer goin to shows but fests are entertaining, good people watching. Im probably gonna go if i have some extra money, would like to see rob zombie play especially with joey jordison on drums now. And lamb of god is always a good show. Plus if you dont like 3 inches of blood your an idiot.

• 4 weeks later...
apparently, i really need to up the ante on my black metal knowledge base.:confused:

ambient orchestral black metal

blackened metal

grey black metal

i could go on and on

the metal thread helps but seeing the word faggot gets old after awhile

Wow lotta hatin goin on. I prefer goin to shows but fests are entertaining, good people watching. Im probably gonna go if i have some extra money, would like to see rob zombie play especially with joey jordison on drums now. And lamb of god is always a good show. Plus if you dont like 3 inches of blood your an idiot.

you should go to Summer Slaugher instead.

much better lineup