Mayhem Fest

Ceks41

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

not really big on huge ass festivals and the hefty ass ticket prices.

but i wouldve gone to see behemoth and skinlab..

the thing that gets me with huge things like this is even though its good exposure for lesser known bands , the people that attend these shows just plain suck.

(yea i said skinlab......type o negative fans could appreciate them )

and i'm still banned from ozzfest in wisconsin....some shit about etchbath and lewd acts.

If you grab a 4 pack it's like $25/ticket and I haven't checked lately but last I knew on Wednesdays you can buy them online with no fees.

The first year I went I got grass seats, since there was a lot of empty seats left up top when the main stage started up they let a shitload of people, myself included, move into the seats and get about 75 - 100 feet closer to the stage. Not to mention this is an approx. 10 hour concert for $25

The second year I paid like $65/ticket and was sitting about 50' from the stage, it was crazy and reasonable. And I ended up having Brian Fair from Shadows Fall and a few other famous dudes sitting within 20' of me, pretty dope.

I agree about Hot Topic sponsoring it, it is bullshit, better for an Emo fest or tour rather than Metal.

Many moons ago I went to Clash of The Titans (Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth). Hell broke loose when Slayer came on. People were coming out with layers of skin torn off, people were getting hit like they were tackling dummies, and walls of death were running rampant. Cool story? Good times.

& Jager is the other sponsor so it somewhat makes up for it with the Jager Tent..

qqzo69.jpg

This brings back hazy memories of Ozzfest 2007....I got roped into going with the lure of free tickets and all the Jager I could drink since a friend of a friend was on the tour.

The first few hours came off without a hitch. We got hammered and took pics with some rugged blond Brazilian woman while she let us tag all over her fake boobs...that's around the time my friend poured me out a handful of Flexiril after I had put away about half a fifth of Jager, and being the dummy that I am I gobbled them up like breath mints. Then we stole one of the Shoreline golf carts with the guitar player from the band and mobbed around the parking lot with the guy who was on the tour for about a half hour while getting chased by security.

Somehow I managed to get out of that situation and made it into the show...I was found after the show passed out standing up in a stall in the men's room. My friends managed to drag me out of there and almost succeeded in getting us all on the Hatebreed tour bus but I was so fucking wasted I missed the door and slammed right into the side of the bus at walking speed.

Then I blacked out. I vaguely remember running through here...

699517456_1aa5585600.jpg

....making Homer Simpson noises and yelling about the Squishee machine.

I still don't understand how I managed to avoid getting arrested that night.

• Like 1

& Jager is the other sponsor so it somewhat makes up for it with the Jager Tent..

qqzo69.jpg

look at this pic closely. not only is it a total sausage fest, they all look exactly the same. black t-shirt, short dark hair, maybe a hat if your bro-tastic enough. I can smell the fat kid armpit funk from here.