The Ruins of Detroit

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these 3 flicks sum up a lot of the eastside, but especially the neighborhoods of 7 mile and Chalmers, south to Seymour and Spring Garden etc. east all the way to Denby High School, most neighrhoods look a lot like this. A few houses here and there, and lumps of land where houses once stood. Acerage wise, Detroit is larger than Chicago, the island of Manhattan, and most major U.S. cities. one of the bigger problems it causes, is Detroit only has a rough estimate population of around 940,000 or so. the real number is probably 820,000 or so, with people fleeing not only Detroit, but Metro Detroit as well, so there is a huge lack of funding by the goverment to the city. We are also very, very famous for our awesome ass mayors to use these addresses, and even dead people, to show up and vote for them...

Picture035-21.jpg

Picture036-20.jpg

Picture037-20.jpg

the flicks I took today were litterally only a few blocks out of 2 neighborhoods on the eastside. I could do this everyday and fill up whole pages. I will every once in a while hit a different hood. there are a couple on the eastside, on jefferson that are kinda crazy, even if you stay here your whole life. on is the canal neighborhoods, in the summer, these huge mini mansions are so depleted, and there is always tarps for roofs. the other is the gross pointe border, you go from around conner and jefferson into the hood, a few blocks north, and multi million dollar homes on the detroit river and lake st clair, where most of the athletes and the richest people in southeastern michigan live. it is litterally a few blocks. but these neighborhoods litterally sum up what it is like to live on the eastside. there are some hoods left that are not as bad looking, but it's fucking detroit. we the people that live here, grew up here, went to high school here, we are a different breed of people. no offense to chicago, la, or nyc, but there is no place in this country that is as fucking wild, poor, and depressing as here. enjoy the flicks till next time. peace.

• Like 1

nah, a lot of it is my old hood. and most hoods you are straight in. I drive a fucking beater. I blend in. I aint got shit. poor cats usually dont rob poor cats. I mean I don't worry about shit like that, but it does happen a lot. best advice, don't drive city cars so you don't get mistaken, like caprice classics, box chevys, burbs, shit like that. and don't stop in front of the dopehouses, and you are usually good to go. oh yeah, don't look like a tourist, we spot tourists and people from the burbs a mile away!

• 3 months later...