artie lange in hospital. od?

GamblersGrin

tmz, that bastion of truth, is reporting...

Artie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey on Saturday for undisclosed reasons.

A rep for Lange tells TMZ:

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" for the past few weeks.

i havent posted on the 12oz in some time but check it here and there. i know there are some howard fans up here. other sites have people posting that artie tried to kill himself by allegedly drinking bleach, stabbing himself in the stomach, and half assed attempts at slicing his wrists.

i love artie on the show but he has been way too fucked up for a while now. it was funny at first but its now becoming an act - old. what do yall think? you like artie on the show, think hes coming back? he looked super fucked on dope during that 50cent interview.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Get well artie

Has had a foot in the grave for a few years now. Hope he can kick it

No pun intended?

Yeah so, my only thoughts: what took him so long (not as a diss, but dude having an o.d.? I'm fucking shocked.)? And, do people still listen to Stern anymore? I thought he pretty much did himself in by going to satellite, which absolutely no one I know has.

Artie is the real deal, no act... complete mess and proud of it in a way... i would say if he is gonna die of an OD it would have happened years ago.. suicide is another story, though i did not hear anything about that until reading this thread...

Not to be a dick, but I'm pretty sure the opposite of what you think is the case.

Regarding Howard "doing himself in".

His show imo is better than ever....he has no censorship, and can do whatever he wants.

You didn't come across as a dick here, so no worries. IDK, I never hear about Stern anymore and I certainly don't have regular, free access to him anymore either. If he didn't have controversy, and the resulting publicity, he'd never be where he is now. Good for him if he still has a successful & funny show, but it just seems that you don't hear about him anymore.

And back to Artie, yeah, his stand-up is not as good as his wasted on the spot improv from the show.