Handstyles....Plain/Simples compared to Techincal/Complex

Royalblue

That aerub handstyle is complete garbage.

A well developed writer should not be putting out garbage like that.

In my oppinion, handstyles are completely overrated,

all the good writers around here only use handys for signing their pieces and hiding them in little scavanger spots.

Simples are nice for some things, but writers tend to forget about sticking to the basic principles of art with them, and they always wonder why they come out wack and get no respect.

The "Eccentric burners with 23490 arrows" thread is that> way, kid.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That aerub handstyle is complete garbage.

A well developed writer should not be putting out garbage like that.

In my oppinion, handstyles are completely overrated,

all the good writers around here only use handys for signing their pieces and hiding them in little scavanger spots.

Simples are nice for some things, but writers tend to forget about sticking to the basic principles of art with them, and they always wonder why they come out wack and get no respect.

this whole fucking post is hilarious.

you know exactly nothing about graffiti, congratulations.

Handstyles are completely overrated because anyone can get a couple elementary style letters on lock and draw on shit with a sharpie or two way glue pen.

To tells, on the contrary. You read my post as I hate simples and I hate handys. I really don't I just don't believe that a writer should be a well respected writer because he has a couple handys on a lot of metal doors, or a couple simples off some thruways.

And to you iloveboxcars, take your negativity elsewhere. You have no right to judge me.

you pretty much need to be able to do tags to do decent letters.

you need to be able to do decent simples in order to understand how to fuck with the letters in order to make them 'wild' but still look good.

you know nothing. absolutely nothing. the hardest part of graffiti is learning letter structure, everything after that comes with ease.

Handstyles are completely overrated because anyone can get a couple elementary style letters on lock...

The same can be argued for the rest of graffiti.

I'm not even going for an e-lynching here but you really have no idea what you're talking about.

You guys are completely misunderstanding me. Yes, handstyles are an important part about graffiti, but you can't be a good writer just having a good handstyle.

And I can see where you're coming from about letter structure, that's very true. But don't dog me on saying that I know nothing about graffiti when I clearly do.

I don't see how a post about my oppinion on handstyles became this overplayed.

Seeing little kids all around your city talking about going out bombing with their brand name flowpens and masterpieces they bought with their mommies stolen credit card thinking that the bigger the name the better and crowding everything would make you have a different outlook on handstyles too.

Bottom line. Handstyles are important indeed, But so are throwies and pieces and burners aswell.

• Like 1

oh see, that actually makes sense almost. i mean, i wouldnt hate on handstyles, because they are (aside or in line with rooftops) my favorite kinds of graffiti, but i now see where you are coming from, but i strongly suggest you be more clear next time so we wont have to get into a shitty debate about something we dont even disagree on.

• 1 month later...

both have their uses.complicated and more stylized ones are good for stuntin on fools and showing off your skills but simple ones are quicker to throw up and you can do them alot bigger alot easier.

it all comes down to personal taste though.do what you like and fuck everyone elses opinion.

• 2 years later...

^^you bumped a 2 year old thread for that shit?

anyways, i can sort of dig what the OP is saying...Seattle isn't really known for it's "style"...a majority of the writers are all the BTM/3A types that are out to destroy, more than anything..that's a style in itself...the buff in Seattle is strong too (the law states that the building owner has a week to clean up graffiti within the notice, and each day after that is a $300 fine)...so that has something to do with it...alot of the stuff resembles the SF bus hopper shit.