Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
taper

color schemes for fr8s

on rail boxes i like to use purples tans browns or black and white. what do you guys think about others....

Guest Jan Ulrich

stick to hot pink and you'll be fine.

Yellow cars like RBOXes used to give me a pain in the ass because my favorite forcefields were yellow and white, which don't pop in that situation. And I don't care much for dark fills with white outlines and a dark forcefield (unless Geso did them). So some kind of purple or blue outer works best for me against yellow. I'm big on complementary color schemes and high contrast. I keep coming back to the 4-way complementary scheme involving blue, purple, yellow, and orange. A typical piece of mine has a mix of blue and purple fill with white highlights, black outline/3D with orange in the 3Ds, yellow outer.

The most interesting vertical fill fade I've come up with lately is AA moss green--> Rusto avocado--> antique white, possibly curdling at the bottom into sand or nutmeg. Not so much on a yellow car, just in general.

I haven't done a RBOX panel in ages, now that I think about it. If it's an e2e with a couple people I'll just take the door, I'd rather paint on a black background.

Possibly the most riveting forcefield/background pair I've ever seen is indian spice or autumn gold on a dark blue car (CSX, GVSR, etc.).

Im color blind so its real hard to come up with good color scemes. Cause to me, light green and grey look the same, and brown looks like dark red, and dark green. So some of my other color perceptions are a little messed. So when i paint i just try to get 2 colors that contrast for fill/ outline.. And any details are usually random colors i throw in.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Im color blind so its real hard to come up with good color scemes. Cause to me, light green and grey look the same, and brown looks like dark red, and dark green. So some of my other color perceptions are a little messed. So when i paint i just try to get 2 colors that contrast for fill/ outline.. And any details are usually random colors i throw in.

interesting...heres one i thought up myself white fill black outline with a white forcefield

On RBOX's? I'd use black fill, white outline, spa blue forcefield & highlights. Dark on light works very well.

Guest rolldafukout

well since im such a big fan of railboxes i usually like to outline with regal red on any piece, use some berry pink, harbor, mediterareerean=] and white highlight and whatever border is bright, silver works too!

deep purple or is it dark purple from krylon, great on rboxes for your forcefield, gotta play with the color wheel when picking your scemes. Mediteranian is also a primo color. one of my all time favorites.

using lighter and darker shades of one color, flat black for 3d or drop shadow, and berry pink, orange, sunburst yellow, or harbor blue for forcefield color...

somethin like that.....

Guest professor poopatronic

silver fill, white outline

flat black fill, gloss black outline, flat black highlights/border

Guest mopius

krylon sun yellow fill, krylon pumpkin orange outline, emerald green inline, krylon purple sheild....................

Guest defyone

all i gotta say interms of forcefields.... Painters Touch BERRY PINK, i hate Painters Touch but i fucking love this can.... its amazing

Guest HAL

My favorite freight fill colors are:

Painters Touch Spa Blue

Painters Touch Berry Pink

Rusto Adobe

American Accents Canyon Black

Rusto White

Painters Touch Country Blue

Am Acc Indian Spice

Am Acc Autumn Gold

Rusto Mediterranean Teal

Rusto yellow metal primer!!!!!

Black works to outline pretty much anything. Some crazy border color, like bright yellow or teal green looks good. I also like doing midtone fills, like Am Acc grape, outlining with white, and bordering with black. It looks kind of odd, so it stands out. Teal Blue krylon is fresh.

I wish they made more ugly yellows and light greens.

Guest professor poopatronic

on a serious note, why do people feel the need to outline with black on every single piece they do? and it'll probably have a white inline too. this pisses the hell out of me. people seem to have the mentality that messing around with different color schemes is "wrong". my favorite color to outline with is yellow.

There's no need, just a preference. I personally love how it looks. And as a practical matter, I go for maximum contrast at night so I can see what I'm doing a little better, and it doesn't get any darker than black on a light fill.

Originally posted by rolldafukout

well since im such a big fan of railboxes i usually like to outline with regal red on any piece, use some berry pink, harbor, mediterareerean=] and white highlight and whatever border is bright, silver works too!

Woohooo! Damn good colors!!

i like a nice shit brown fill and then a tasty diarrhea yellow outline. with some hemmroid red shell and some cancerous liver oj for an inline.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this