The "S"

Lew Blum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an ode to one of my favorite civilian graffiti symbols. Sometimes referred to as the Stussy S, i always called it the metal S, as it reminded me of Megadeth letters. This bad boy is right up there with a peace sign, the wu tang symbol and a poorly proportioned weed leaf of things that are found spray painted on bridges in America. I cant tell you how many of these i saw scrawled on trapper keepers and bookbags throughout my childhood. What did you call this thing? Do you even know what im talking about?

stussy-s.jpg

i used to bomb the bathrooms heavy in elementary with the super s jester hat

• Like 1

Dude said he seen that shit drawn on Trapper Keepers, dating yourself there dawg but it's all good because I remember that shit too, pretty sure that was before Stussy, or at least before Stussy got popular. I remember the skater kids drew that shit along w/ the Rat Bones logo.

Stay tuned for future installments featuring 4:20, Anarchy, and Fuck The Police. Civilian graf=LOL material.

We used to draw that same "S" in elementary on things. Desks, bungalows, papers, etc. Never knew what it meant but I thought of it as a "Stussy S" since I think I saw it on some Stussy clothing as well.

Anyone know the history of it? Around what time period it came about? I know it's at least since the 80's since I saw it on some Basquiat art.

Dude said he seen that shit drawn on Trapper Keepers, dating yourself there dawg but it's all good because I remember that shit too, pretty sure that was before Stussy, or at least before Stussy got popular. I remember the skater kids drew that shit along w/ the Rat Bones logo.

Stay tuned for future installments featuring 4:20, Anarchy, and Fuck The Police. Civilian graf=LOL material.

yeah, rat bones logo. this def went hand in hand with that, and also an eight ball. Of course, how could i forget 4:20 and an anarchy symbol! im really slipping these days.

black fine point sharpie + red fine point sharpie = endless war

72461909.jpg

something like this is what i wouldve typically drew at that age, but id have thrown in way more machines, foot soldiers, gore, & general variety because i was locked in a prison called school

i always started with some kind of landscape, then drew around it

then i found kidpix