Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lew Blum

The "S"

This is an ode to one of my favorite civilian graffiti symbols. Sometimes referred to as the Stussy S, i always called it the metal S, as it reminded me of Megadeth letters. This bad boy is right up there with a peace sign, the wu tang symbol and a poorly proportioned weed leaf of things that are found spray painted on bridges in America. I cant tell you how many of these i saw scrawled on trapper keepers and bookbags throughout my childhood. What did you call this thing? Do you even know what im talking about?

stussy-s.jpg

• Like 5

when i was like 8 some niggas I knew called that the Gangsta S.

You did it wrong though

I used to draw those all the time on my folders when I was in 5th grade. Funny how I larned it from the white suburban kids.

yeah i didnt draw that. Thats some random image i found. The ones we drew were more proper. You started off with the first 3 lines longer. This, like the 3 dimensional box, was good because even people who couldnt draw could follow the formula and make it out of straight lines unless you were a complete dunce.

I was gonna' make this thread before but didn't know what to call it.

Around my way, we called it the 'hood S, because all the lil' ghetto kids would draw it in chalk all over the ground.

Yeah, theres never a uniform name for it, and you can never verbailize it to someone, but as soon as you draw it theyre like "oh fuck, that thing was all over the bathrooms in 3rd grade!!"

Anybody know where these came from? Stussy S seems to be the most common name, but wifey says she never saw that thing on any stussy gear and neither have I.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now