anyone else hate new years?

HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this year im going to try and be responsible (i.e. not go out and spend $600 on booze and coke), but i know ill regret when all my friends call me at 1am talking bout "THIS SHITS CRAZY FAM!!!". meanwhile im watching the ball drop on abc and feel like crying.

oh well, this time around is all about positive resolutions and growing the fuck up and shit.

Normally New Years Eve ends up being a pretty legendary night.

This year looks shit though as everyone i know has decided to go check out some shit trendy club night on the other side of town. Im trying to boycott it.

HOUSE PARTY FTW!

Pretty much what I was gonna type. At this rate im staying in and doing fuck all.

I did nothing last year for the same reason.

I'm all about hating New Years.

It's always disappointing.

People talk about these great parties and they are often from my experience one of the following:

1)Wack

2)At some pseudo yuppie/hipster club that is over-priced and full of jackasses.

3)Actually 3 parties that you never get a chance to settle at and chill with all your friends.

Top that off with people bouncing after 12:30 because their girlfriend wants them to be mature and not get drunk. I fucking hate New Years.

yeah im not talking about new years day, thats my shit. just NYE, rookie night..

TWO STREET BABAAAAAAAAAAY!

I think i am a Year to Year type of guy, this year i can say yes i am not looking forward to New Years. Plus the Bowls games are shit now cant even look forward to that. They make the bcs championship on some random ass day.

Only positive you can drink champagne without looking like a Homo on New Years Eve.

thanksgiving - hooked up with a flexible stripper (her safe word was Kittens...)

christmas day - hooked up with this temp chick from work

new years eve - DIA DE LOS SLUTTY GIRLS!!! I'ma find one and pull off the 2009 holiday hat trick.

My guess is bar hopping around the college - I wanna find a hot drunk asian chick.

• Like 1

I have low expectations. I know like 4 people in this city, 3 are out of town, and my best friend and his 20 year old girlfriend are coming into town. So bars are out of the question, i don't know any house parties, and i don't have any particularly exciting drugs. Spending way too much money to go to some mediocre concert and buy overpriced drinks sounds terrible too, which is pretty much the only option i can think of right now. I expect i'll just sit around my place, get stoned, and not give a shit.

The best nights are ones you dont see coming, like random tuesdays where you suddenly find yourself completely wasted and doing something epic. Those are the best.

While this is definitely true, holidays can still be epic.

For the last few years I simply threw awesome house parties for every occasion, but now with my new, nice apartment that's not an option. However, after I moved I continued to throw parties, but at my other friend's cribs, so shit kept looking good. Now they've all moved into nicer apartments/back with their parents, and this has led to me stressing out about trying to find the best way to celebrate shit, and being worried that it would suck. However, Halloween turned out EPIC, and my boy's birfday last week was a massive success, so I feel like I'm on a roll of good nights.

Tomorrow I'm gunn probaly hit a nicer bar/lounge type joint that a friend works at, get really drunk, do alot of drugs, and have a good time, fuck the negativity

For real?

Are you holidaying in Chechnya?

Close...his part of town is pretty rough, and mine's not much better (there were four drivebys in one night last week). Usually the dumbasses start shooting their guns in the air a day early.

I'm probably gonna get drunk at my neighbor's place....they live in a basement apartment.

• Like 1