Fem Vocals

ShortFuse

So I was talking music genres and shit with this guy the other night and someone chimed in with a comment towards good bands with fem vocals. I thought about it and I realized I know of any bands. He recommended some hardcore bands that he thought was good.

So Far Ive only heard OTEP and Arch Enemy. So I turn to the ontz for recommendations. I dont care what genre. What you got for me? I remember there was this punk band with fem vocals I heard back in the day but I cant remember the name.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't like Otep or Arch Enemy, but if you're into shit like Nu-metal (Otep's basicallly Limp Bizkit with a female singer), or hardcore thrash, then Otep and Arch Enemy can be counted as decent bands.

A really cool Alt/Prog rock female fronted band is Stolen Babies. Chick's definitely got a unique voice and can scream her fuckin' ass off. If you like punk, there's a band from Wales called Brilliant Sins with a pretty kick ass chick singer. As far as traditional rock/pop goes, Milla Jovovich (commonly known as the actress in such movies as Resident Evil, The Fifth Element, etc, she was a singer before an actress) has one of the most amazing voices I've heard. Her sound is pretty classical but really up beat.

Well that's my ten cents, hope it provided some kind of help in your quest for some good female fronted bands.

So I was talking music genres and shit with this guy the other night and someone chimed in with a comment towards good bands with fem vocals. I thought about it and I realized I know of any bands. He recommended some hardcore bands that he thought was good.

So Far Ive only heard OTEP and Arch Enemy. So I turn to the ontz for recommendations. I dont care what genre. What you got for me? I remember there was this punk band with fem vocals I heard back in the day but I cant remember the name.

The punk band that your thinking of is probably Dance Hall Crashers.

Two lead female vocalists.

the fuck outta here with that numetal bullshit

i don't know too many bands with female vocals, but one of my favorites is KINGDOM

http://www.myspace.com/xkingdomx

plus she's kinda hot, too bad she doesn't shave her pits :o

l_8bc14fdfa39ed03ca7fd61c154a41b57.jpg

this is what i thought of when i saw the thread.

i dont listen to them though.

portishead

Portishead FTW

Cibo Matto is fresh too..

i liked the first Hole record and the first Sneaker Pimps record too... i listened to yea yea yeas and le tigre for la short time in 03ish but it was not totally my thing...

more recently i have herd bands with female singers like:

FlyLeaf

Imogen Heap

Lykke Li

She & Him

but i cant co-sign any of them cuz im not familiar with them at all and only her it in passing or in a movie... just figured i would mention so you could look them up and see if they fit what you like...

the broad from flyleaf can get the smash apparently...

lacey%20mosely%20flyleaf

• Like 1