Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShortFuse

Fem Vocals

So I was talking music genres and shit with this guy the other night and someone chimed in with a comment towards good bands with fem vocals. I thought about it and I realized I know of any bands. He recommended some hardcore bands that he thought was good.

So Far Ive only heard OTEP and Arch Enemy. So I turn to the ontz for recommendations. I dont care what genre. What you got for me? I remember there was this punk band with fem vocals I heard back in the day but I cant remember the name.

Personally I don't like Otep or Arch Enemy, but if you're into shit like Nu-metal (Otep's basicallly Limp Bizkit with a female singer), or hardcore thrash, then Otep and Arch Enemy can be counted as decent bands.

A really cool Alt/Prog rock female fronted band is Stolen Babies. Chick's definitely got a unique voice and can scream her fuckin' ass off. If you like punk, there's a band from Wales called Brilliant Sins with a pretty kick ass chick singer. As far as traditional rock/pop goes, Milla Jovovich (commonly known as the actress in such movies as Resident Evil, The Fifth Element, etc, she was a singer before an actress) has one of the most amazing voices I've heard. Her sound is pretty classical but really up beat.

Well that's my ten cents, hope it provided some kind of help in your quest for some good female fronted bands.

I think the Horror Pops (punkish stuff) have a female vocalist that isn't bad.

I can't speak for them as a whole, it's been a minute since I listened to them beyond when iTunes shuffle puts them on when I'm rolling a Dutch or oontzing.

2992302458_b8e76c27a0.jpg

stereolab.jpg

i second feist.

i've always followed kathleen hanna. she started in bikini kill but shes currently in le tigre and that's more like dancey electronic type shit. metric is my current ipod favorite. and the yeah yeah yeahs

but keep in mind, i'm a girl

• Like 1

hanson.jpg

Patch_DropDead.jpg

crystal%20castles.jpg

Shonen+Knife+-+Let%27s+Knife.jpg

Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs-Show-Your-Bones-352539.jpg

horrorpops_hellyeah.jpg

DOR06_sufferingwojtyla.jpg

mediumSleepwalkingArt-708842.jpg

rasputina.jpg

19815_b8beea1c-f4d2-493b-91fb-dbbd531b1f33.jpeg

DOR01_wojtylaCD.jpg

Siouxsie_&_the_Banshees-Kaleidoscope.jpg

hangmans_hymn.png

138961.jpg

^^^Darkestrah...........for the death metal album cover reading impaired

So I was talking music genres and shit with this guy the other night and someone chimed in with a comment towards good bands with fem vocals. I thought about it and I realized I know of any bands. He recommended some hardcore bands that he thought was good.

So Far Ive only heard OTEP and Arch Enemy. So I turn to the ontz for recommendations. I dont care what genre. What you got for me? I remember there was this punk band with fem vocals I heard back in the day but I cant remember the name.

The punk band that your thinking of is probably Dance Hall Crashers.

Two lead female vocalists.

Nico Vega is decent I suppose. The girl is kind of cute. The rest of the band is a bunch of homos though.

the fuck outta here with that numetal bullshit

i don't know too many bands with female vocals, but one of my favorites is KINGDOM

http://www.myspace.com/xkingdomx

plus she's kinda hot, too bad she doesn't shave her pits :o

l_8bc14fdfa39ed03ca7fd61c154a41b57.jpg

this is what i thought of when i saw the thread.

i dont listen to them though.

portishead

Portishead FTW

Cibo Matto is fresh too..

i liked the first Hole record and the first Sneaker Pimps record too... i listened to yea yea yeas and le tigre for la short time in 03ish but it was not totally my thing...

more recently i have herd bands with female singers like:

FlyLeaf

Imogen Heap

Lykke Li

She & Him

but i cant co-sign any of them cuz im not familiar with them at all and only her it in passing or in a movie... just figured i would mention so you could look them up and see if they fit what you like...

the broad from flyleaf can get the smash apparently...

lacey%20mosely%20flyleaf

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now