What.cd?

Avesism

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have any more invites and i wont for awhile (my internet is dsl.. so my upload speeds are fuckin dumb.)

my suggestion is learn all you can about music files and torrenting, then go take the test to get an invite from the actual what.cd staff.

be really fucking thorough with your research too, some of the guys ask soft ball ass questions, but some of the guys want some serious fucking answers.

this shit is harder than i thought.

i hadnt taken the private tracker factor into consideration...

downloaded a few things i wanted, grabbed a couple popular things to hopefully help the ratio out

not getting anyone uploading

this shit takes some time huh? or is it just luck

the what.cd tracker is wierd, shit wouldnt upoad at all until i forwarded the ports on my router, it flowed a little more freely then, but since there are so many seeds for a lot of stuff, sometimes you dont even get a chance to seed yourself.

tl;dr : forward ports on your router, leave torrent client running all the time

do an advanced search for freeleech and download a couple of those things.

leave everything seeding as often as you can (i pretty much leave utorrent on all day and restart my computer every couple of days)

shit definitely can take awhile depending on what kind of internets you have.

edit - one more gig until i am a "member"

it would be awesome if my internets werent so slow. shit will take me a good 2 months.

yes i realize these things, i am not torrent noob.

i was merely commenting that it seems to be more of a hassle with this tracker.

and freeleech ended, did it not? theres nothing that comes on the search anyway.

Like I said, I've got unlimited. I don't need demonoid, or whatever is out there. I only ask you that you actually use the site and follow the rules.

Yea it is super hard to seed on these types of places,

I run my torrents all the time, currently seeding more than 1k.

I cap my up to 100kbs. I get a lot of FLAC stuff from waffles and up them at what.

You're alternative would be to look for a bounty that looks good and try to fill it. Spend 10 on a cd and get like 20gigs easy.

My 5cents.

/Torrentmasteroner.

Its alright, its not running gazelle so its a little unorganized. Smaller community and 1/2 the amount of torrents. A little easier to seed since you can get points and convert them into freeleech or halfleech. You get a few points for uploading stuff or participating in one of their contests. I would say that what is better, most of the content found in waffles is already found in what, with an exception here and there.

I got my invite privileges revoked there though.

• Like 1