ABSINTHE

KILZ FILLZ

let me just re-quote this now... since nobody read it in the first time

Nah the shit van gogh used to drink was the real

the shitbwe get stateside has o wormwood( the special ingredient)

you canstill get absinthe withe wormwood inplaces like Dubai but not here

wormwoods illegal in the US and in most of EU I think

thats what i thought until we got a keg of this at my bar a few years back

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-belgium-springboard-ale/68961/

heres some reading material http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the chemical composition of wormwood is similar to that of THC. That said i have read that it does not translate into any psychoactive effects. Its a fun procedure tho. The whole pour some absinthe on some suger and set it to fire. Fresh if you are entertaining guests and shit like that. The reason behind its unavailability in America i'm pretty sure has to do with the FDA. Some of the ingredients are not recognized by the FDA as safe for human consumption...

You could always try your hand at some homemade hookup.

the herbs are openly available, the recipe is on the internet. Once you have it all mixed and let it soak for a time you could try your hand at distilling. Ive youtubed the shit before. I dont remember the whole process but I think it involves boiling the raw spirit cooling it and what drips out the tube is the finished product.

Couple things to consider. Boiling Everclear is about as good an idea as boiling gasoline.

You are way better off just coming off the 100 something for a bottle from Europe. But if you like a good project have at it. Everything i've outlined here probably cost too much but it can be done

Or you could just do everything short of the distillation... its not absinthe but its liquor soaked in the absinthe herbs

150px-Beta-Thujone.svg.png

Thujone is a ketone and a monoterpene that exists in two stereoisomeric forms: (+)-3-thujone or α-thujone and (−)-3-thujone or β-thujone. It has a menthol odor. Even though it is best known for being a chemical in absinthe, recent tests show absinthe contains only small quantities of thujone, and may or may not be responsible for absinthe's reported psychedelic effects. Thujone acts on GABA and 5-HT3 receptors[1] in the brain. In many countries the amount of thujone allowed in food or drink products is regulated[citation needed].

Regarding 5HT-3 receptors:

When the receptor is activated to open the ion channel by agonists, the following effects are observed:

* CNS: anxiety[13]

* PNS: neuronal excitation (in autonomic, nociceptive neurons), emesis[13]

Sounds like a lot of fun. I've never talked to anyone who drank real absinthe who was in any way tripping from it, but it's amazing what kind of responses you can provoke in someone by telling them something will happen when they take a drug.

About to stArt district 9

girl already passed our breThing heavy tossing and turning

gonnA take a few swigs while watching hhis but no way bottle will be gone

still aabout 30-40% left I'll see whAt type of damage I can do

this Pernod shit is no joke

Don't even know why I'm posting this

Homie, i think your confused Pernod is not absinthe.

its an annaseed based spirt and taste a fuck load better then absinthe.

that shit is like drinking fucking mouth wash, if you want to trip out just got and buy a tab of acid and save the stomach pump for later idiot.

i was drinking a bunch of the alameda absinthe a few years ago and had the czech stuff more recently in australia.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-12-05/news/17273166_1_lance-winters-anise-and-fennel-bottle

the whole wormwood bit is a bunch of nonsense as the thujone is in parts per billion.

thujone in mass quantities "is bad stuff," but small amounts are found in a number of herbs, ingredients and materials, including sage and cedar, and are considered fairly harmless. More notable is absinthe's high alcohol content, typically 120 proof or more, about 50 percent higher than vodka and whiskey.

take into consideration when Van Gogh was drinking this shit, he was drinking 20- 30 glasses a day of UNREGULATED absinthe (basically moon shine). It gained popularity during a wine shortage (infected grape vines). It's more likely that the hallucinagenic effects were coming from mixing opium with massive quantities of alcohol, not from wormwood. So take a vicodin and sip some Eduoard 72 ( the French make the best quality absinthe )

Homie, i think your confused Pernod is not absinthe.

its an annaseed based spirt and taste a fuck load better then absinthe.

that shit is like drinking fucking mouth wash, if you want to trip out just got and buy a tab of acid and save the stomach pump for later idiot.

oh word? sounds like you sure know what youre talking about.... :lol:

http://www.pernod.net/histoire/absinthe/index.htm

In 1805, Henri-Louis Pernod founded the company "Pernod Fils" in Pontarlier, in the Doubs region of France, and soon developed sales of absinthe.

Success was certain. Known as the "green fairy", absinthe became the favourite drink of artists seeking new tastes. The painters Manet and Degas and the poets Verlaine and Musset immortalised it in their works.

Fist.

I want you to post how you feel tomorrow.

I gotta try this shit.

was hands down the worst hangover ive ever had

lasted all fucking day felt like total shit the entire day

stayed home from xmas dinner with family because i felt so shitty

woke up to find this much left

gonna be a while before i touch it again

260wuc2.jpg

2ibi721.jpg