Ebay

Harvey Wallbanger

I know some of you are up on this shit... hell, half the writers I know make a living off of the bay and Craigslist.

I haven't fucked with it a whole lot over the years-- I've had an account since 2001 or so, but transactions always seem like too much hassle. I've maybe sold ten things on there, and every time I do, I'm kicking myself by the time I get through all the post office bullshit. I've definitely gotten a couple of great deals, though. And made some good profits on occasion.

Discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anyone know if there's a way to automate searches? There's a handful of things I keep an eye out for, and currently I just pop on there every few days and do about a half dozen searches manually. I was just thinking how cool it would be if there was a way for all of that shit to just come up in my account whenever it got listed.

Worst thing eBay did was take away the seller's ability to leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. They did it earlier this year.

I think sellers would like to be aware of who's following through on their payment and who isn't. Now you see dude's with 100% feedback thinking they're legit.

You can still give them unpaid item strikes but you can't see people's list of strikes.

Guest 50million

from assfuck from houston stole my credit card info off of ebay through paypal. he hacked into ebay, got everyone's paypal info and then bought a shit ton of stupid shit on ebay. i was pissed. it took me like 3 months to get all my money back because ebay's 'investigators' took fucking forever.

its a shame cuz id be selling hella shit if it werent for that.

Hell my mother has been selling on ebay since I can remember. If your a top seller long enough ebay offers you benefits. Although I think people have fallen into the whole "everything is cheaper on ebay" idea. Its mostly true but yet on an occasion people will buy some shit that isnt and I wonder if theres any research behind it.

Anyone know if there's a way to automate searches? There's a handful of things I keep an eye out for, and currently I just pop on there every few days and do about a half dozen searches manually. I was just thinking how cool it would be if there was a way for all of that shit to just come up in my account whenever it got listed.

You can save your searches. for example when you search for an item, there is a link next to the total of results found that says "Save this search". Then you can select various options. I've set up mine so it sends me daily emails showing the new items for my search.

Worst thing eBay did was take away the seller's ability to leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. They did it earlier this year.

I think sellers would like to be aware of who's following through on their payment and who isn't. Now you see dude's with 100% feedback thinking they're legit.

You can still give them unpaid item strikes but you can't see people's list of strikes.

This for me was a huge problem, ive had some real deadbeat buyers, and there is nothing i can do about them, but if i dont send them their product the moment they pay for it, i get nega feedback.

Also, the http://www.usps.com thing, you get all their priority shit for free

you can sell some bizarro shit on there. its a fairly easy money maker, just be VERY clear in the item description. im pretty sure ive had shit turn up and people said it didnt and got refunded viapaypal.

also, link your paypal to like a savings account, so if they decide to fuck w it all your money wont be tied up.

theres a few common sense steps you should do. but im sure youd figure it out. the new feedback thing sucks.

i put 8 things up for sale last night so far i only have 2 things bidded on but a bunch of watchers onthe others. my plan was to have the shit up by christmas day and the next few days after and end before new years eve for the last few minute bidders, seems like the perfect time to do it when everyone has cash and before they spend all the rest of their monies partying for new years.