getting your shit together?

twinky the kid

ehhh.

as of lately i have noticed the alarmingly slow rate my life is moving at.

i am lazy, sometimes self centered and a huge procrastinator.

needless to say, im not really going anywhere in life.

i dont have a paying job, but i do have my apprenticeship.

im living off a settlement check, and just wasting money.

i have the money for a car, which would get me a job, which would get me back into my own place.

but no matter how i hype it up, i never follow through with what i need to, i keep wondering why.

the other day i noticed a certain pattern:

whenever i finally get the motivation to follow through and make shit happen, i either use all that energy on something else stupid and in the moment, or i have a terrible depression/anxiety episode.

i dont take meds for the depression/anxiety attacks, i dont believe in them, nor do i have the insurance.

basically im stuck in a mental rut.

so im asking my favorite internet family for any advice or pointers on carrying on with what i need to.

inb4 lazy asshole, or just fucking do it.

also, are there any of you who should be taking meds for any mental illness type things, yet manage to stay on top and have a productive life? any pointers from you dudes is appreciated as well...

in return, and i have noticed this becoming a ch.0 fad, tittays.

vikki-blows-topless.jpg

bryci-nude-featured-amateur-4.jpg

riley_tattoo_0180.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty much in the same boat i got paid today after working for one day this paycheck. 60 bucks i know its better than nothing but still after taxes and what not its barely anything. i signed up for some more college classes. i have no money to pay for them my parents are being faggots and not helping. i dont know why i got denied a loan again. and my dad doesnt want to use his GI bill on me cuz he wants to go back to college. although hes fuckin 58 and retired.

i may be bitching but hey it sucks and i feel yah twinky

/NOHMO

stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it

no one is gonna help you but yourself

1)get a job

2)get that car

3)work, eat, sleep

4)repeat 3 until you got your shit together

shit isnt just gonna happen

you too vulcan

im guessing both of you are still pretty young

a couple of years of monotony isnt going to ruin your life

honestly you seemed to point out your flaws already

why not keep those on your mind and force yourself to NOT do those things you know..?

like this one quote i read somewhere.. i think in the great quote thread or somewhere..

its like "sometimes you gotta give up who you are for who you want to become"

i was kinda in the same boat a while ago.. but i said fuck this sitting around

shit and basically forced the motivation in me to get out there and get on my shit..

now i got a lil seasonal job which ive been busting my ass on so hopefully they keep me for a

permanant position and im investing the money i get from that into a little project of mine..

to put it simply im on my grind.. i need to get up on my feet and on my own..

and aint no way thats gonna happen unless i do it myself ya diiig...

i say to go on a mad job hunt and apply everywhere you can.. even if its bullshit,

its still steady income when you think about it.. get you a car and try to keep

a lil fall back money from rest of your check in case of emergency...

just set yourself up first then from there do your thing and get that money..

• Like 1

i cant even count how many applications ive put out in the past year. this job i have now is almost an hour drive away in a different city right outside of vegas. haha and like i said ive only worked one day this last paycheck and this pay period i have no hours haha this job is a fail and isnt even wortht he ten dollar bus ticket out to bumfuck prim nevada.

i need a job badly. and i have been looking.

i need to get off my ass and do some shit, like get my liscense i bet there would be a lot more job openings if i had a car. lately ive just been so unmotivated.

I was in your spot when I was about 22 twinky. Bad break up with a gf I had a few years invested in, was feeling pretty depressed and unmotivated. I was working a part time job that was honestly pretty lax in responsibility and was a go no where type thing.

One day I just sort of picked myself up and said nobody is going to help me out but me, and I stopped sweating shit that was way beyond my control (like my ex gf and her shenanigans). In the span of about two years I just put my nose to the grindstone and worked my way up from a shitty warehouse position where I did nothing by shipping and receiving for an electrical distributor that paid me 24,000/year into a job in a completely unrelated field that pays me 150,000/year. On top of that I bought my first car at age 23 (I never had a car before, and my first car was a brand new volkswagen GTI), bought my first house at age 25, and I was paid to get my education, so even though I'm in a pretty sweet spot right now if I don't like it I can cut and run because my ticket/diploma is recognized in my industry world wide.

If I did, you can do it, shit anybody can do it. All it takes is a little motivation and some hard work, when it comes down to it the only real person who can help you IS you. Hope your shit picks up for you dude.

• Like 1

yo think of it this way.. theres plenty of money to be made out there..

what can you do to bring that dinero towards your direction besides the obvious...?

even if you do have something to fall back on which you know you'll get money off of,

your gonna need that initial investment.. and where do you think thats gonna come from

if your broke as fuck...?? thats why when your in this rut you gotta go extra hard

to get that money.. thats where the whole job comes into play.. believe me for like a year or so i applied damn near

anywhere you can think of.. sears, jc penny, taco bell, michaels, home depot, burger king, wendy's, 711, everywhere..

and what did i end up with..? not a DAMN thing... but even if shits lookin dead as hell just keep at it and keep applying places..

and honestly nobody really likes to work but just man up, bite ya tounge, work them hours and get them checks...

im tryin to save my money now so i can get my car also.. once i get the whip

and the title and what not taken care of all ill have to worry bout is insurance

every month and gas which aint no biggie... but since my fam is already trying to

pry money out of me im tryin to balance all this shit out you know..

eventually something will fall into place where you have the oppritunity to get the ball rolling if you keep at it..

but all in all.. get off your ass and get out there to better yourself... nobody likes a scrub ass nigga with no money or direction ya diig..

• Like 1

tighten ya belt and pick ya dumb ass up. You got settlement money, an still cant do shit with your life?

just wait till your broke.... and see how hard you hussle and wish you just got momentum going back when it was easier....

go get a medium cappaccino with 2 sugars and get to brain stormin.....

bum ass nigga....

I have plenty of money, a nice apartment, a nice car, lots of friends, go out every night, etc etc, but I'm a absolute trainwreck who doesn't work, has substance abuse problems, multiple mental issues, a horrible temper, and no job or ambition for such.

I was perfectly happy with that, and really loved the way my life was for a long time, but my girl left me 2 months ago (because she said she couldn't see herself spending her life with someone like me), and since then I've been thinking shit might need to change

• Like 1

actually my chick and i was feeling the same way. she was sick of her job and needs something new so she started putting out resumes at nicer restaurants. i'm finishing up school and starting my internship at a fine dining place. we also stopped getting wasted every other night and picked up jogging every day instead since we both feel on the fat side. you just can't wait around for shit to happen mang you gotta make it happen on some cheesy shit "you are your own destiny" life is what you make it and what not.