Vaping: My new passion

lord_casek

i need to get on this...

staying alive via robot cigarettes ftw

weapon, did you buy yours online or in the city?

happyvaper.com

see what you like, then call and speak to jack. nice guy with a family who has always come and delivered to me.

i recommend the 'on the go' kit.

http://www.happyvaper.com/aboutus.asp

oh yeah, he won't sell any nicotine for that but you can check vapables.com or i can send you my buddy's email, as he has a ton of flavours and strengths.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

510's again....man.....I haven't owned one, but a lot of folks say that those suuuuuuuck.

Also, the markup is huge.

Vaporkings.com has better deals. Again, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, nor do I get free shit for recommending them. They have done me right every time, though.

Chupa: If you read this, I popped one of the free pre filled carts on today. Marlboro flavored. Kinda chocolatey. Close enough to a red.

i've had no problem with the 510 at all.

the battery causes some inconsistency in the hits, but it's very minimal.

Manual or auto?

Both my 810 and 910 are auto's and I really like both.

810 is a juice eater, though. Goes through a cart with a quickness.

The 910 I've only had for 24 hours. Carts seem to last for some time.

Hits are always nice. Batteries charge in a decent amount of time, unlike

the 810 which takes a few hours to charge.

I wish I would've picked up a personal vaporizer up a long time ago. My taste

buds are coming back, I can breathe better than I could when I smoked analogs,

my clothes don't smell funky, and I appear on the new DMX album. Thanks e cigs.

Workouts are also getting easier.

So far, there is nothing I can see that is bad about vaping to get a nicotine fix. I

can't walk around smoking trees all day (which is my preferred stress reliever), but

I can vape whenever/wherever.

I spent much of last night reading reviews, details and other shit that may now come in handy, and figured now is as good a time as any to try this out, especially since i'm smoking so much inside my new place. Also ordered a 901 kit, an extra atomizer, some 24mg marlboro juice, and some 24mg flue-cured juice from esmokeyshack

In all my reading i came across some info that may come in handy to some of you, involving cartridges. As i'm sure a couple of you may know, you don't have to continue buying cartridges, and instead you can just replace the poly wicking inside them and continue using the same casing. While browsing the e-cigarette forum, i started reading a thread about other materials people use instead of pure, non-treated poly. One person had the brilliant idea of using teabags, and it seemed like every single person who tried it was saying it held a lot more fluid than the standard poly cartridges, hit smoother and harder, and was far superior to any manufactured cartridge or cartridge filling that they had added themselves.

Now, unfortunately i can't test this theory for a few days, but i can give you a really simple breakdown of how you can.

1. take a paperclip and use it to pull the polyester out of a cartridge

2. using a rolled up piece of paper towel, clean out the inside of the cartridge casing to get any juice/gunk thats stuck on the sides

3. take a tea bag, and remove the staple, string, and tea

4. cut off the sides of the bag, and then cut it in half (different carts might need it slightly smaller) and roll one of the halves up

5. slide it into the cart, and cut off any excess material that is sticking above the top of the cart. Make sure you're not jamming it in there, as you need it to be relatively loose for airflow

6. apply juice, vape, and report back

Other nice thing about using the material from a teabag is that if when it starts getting gunked up, you can always take it out, wash it, let it dry and toss it back in instead of repeating steps 3 and 4. You can also buy bags or pure polyester (can't be flame retardant) from walmart, a fabric store, or pet stores (for fish tanks, i think). Any of these options are definitely cheaper than replacing the entire cartridge.

From calling and talking to the guy from the website I ordered my kit from, and from reading the posts here, it seems like its these seemingly stoner type guys who set up shop and make websites to sell these. The dude I talked to was really cool and seemed very enthusiastic about vaping and extremely glad to talk to someone on the phone about it. Almost to the point where you start to think that this is the dude who invented the whole thing. Its all good though, nice to have a ray of excellent customer service shine through in these modern times where it has all but gone extinct.

I spent much of last night reading reviews, details and other shit that may now come in handy, and figured now is as good a time as any to try this out, especially since i'm smoking so much inside my new place. Also ordered a 901 kit, an extra atomizer, some 24mg marlboro juice, and some 24mg flue-cured juice from esmokeyshack

In all my reading i came across some info that may come in handy to some of you, involving cartridges. As i'm sure a couple of you may know, you don't have to continue buying cartridges, and instead you can just replace the poly wicking inside them and continue using the same casing. While browsing the e-cigarette forum, i started reading a thread about other materials people use instead of pure, non-treated poly. One person had the brilliant idea of using teabags, and it seemed like every single person who tried it was saying it held a lot more fluid than the standard poly cartridges, hit smoother and harder, and was far superior to any manufactured cartridge or cartridge filling that they had added themselves.

Now, unfortunately i can't test this theory for a few days, but i can give you a really simple breakdown of how you can.

1. take a paperclip and use it to pull the polyester out of a cartridge

2. using a rolled up piece of paper towel, clean out the inside of the cartridge casing to get any juice/gunk thats stuck on the sides

3. take a tea bag, and remove the staple, string, and tea

4. cut off the sides of the bag, and then cut it in half (different carts might need it slightly smaller) and roll one of the halves up

5. slide it into the cart, and cut off any excess material that is sticking above the top of the cart. Make sure you're not jamming it in there, as you need it to be relatively loose for airflow

6. apply juice, vape, and report back

Other nice thing about using the material from a teabag is that if when it starts getting gunked up, you can always take it out, wash it, let it dry and toss it back in instead of repeating steps 3 and 4. You can also buy bags or pure polyester (can't be flame retardant) from walmart, a fabric store, or pet stores (for fish tanks, i think). Any of these options are definitely cheaper than replacing the entire cartridge.

Yep, Re use the carts.

Also:

Pyramid teabag mod

You can re use the stuffing in the carts by rinsing them with water

and then letting them dry.

Some are using blue styrofoam. Called

"the slug" Marineland, called Foam Bonded Sleeve Rite Size "U"

Chupa: If you get a DOA atty or battery, make sure to report it on vaporkings

site. Rob will fix the problem with a quickness. Part of the reason I like them

so much.

Paladin: I drip on mine sometimes. I love the throat hits from the 901.

From calling and talking to the guy from the website I ordered my kit from, and from reading the posts here, it seems like its these seemingly stoner type guys who set up shop and make websites to sell these. The dude I talked to was really cool and seemed very enthusiastic about vaping and extremely glad to talk to someone on the phone about it. Almost to the point where you start to think that this is the dude who invented the whole thing. Its all good though, nice to have a ray of excellent customer service shine through in these modern times where it has all but gone extinct.

You wouldn't believe how many folks are really enthusiastic about vaping.

Bumping for 901 review:

I was loving this the first day I had it, now even moreso. Vapes are consistent, battery life is

good, and the size is perfect. There's a huge difference between the 801 vape quality and the 901 vape quality. On the 801, you have to draw big to get quality, the 901 not so much.

I find myself enjoying vaping more with the 901. Something I was afraid of was not being able to drink and vape (drink bone is connected to the smoke bone) but the 901 really gives that cigarette feel and hit.

Totally satisfied with this vaporizer.

Just got mine like 30 minutes ago. Sent out tuesday from esmokeyshack, received today. So far i've tried the standard tobacco carts that it came with, and threw together a quick teabag cart(nh) with 24mg marlboro liquid. Both have a really weird aftertaste, but i'm hoping that'll subside as i break in the atomizer/get used to something that isn't an actual marlboro red. It definitely provides a bit of a throat hit, though not as much as an actual smoke. Or at least not yet.

The really weird aftertaste is no longer present on the marb liquid. I'm guessing it was the atomizer. It still has a different aftertaste in comparison to a cigarette, but it'll be easy to get used to. Not bad so far, it does give the nicotine fix, but isn't quite as satisfying as smoking a cigarette for me yet. Granted, its been less than a day

The really weird aftertaste is no longer present on the marb liquid. I'm guessing it was the atomizer. It still has a different aftertaste in comparison to a cigarette, but it'll be easy to get used to. Not bad so far, it does give the nicotine fix, but isn't quite as satisfying as smoking a cigarette for me yet. Granted, its been less than a day

Yeah, that aftertaste will go away.

http://www.esmokeyshack.com/dse901.html

Reasonably priced one there. I'd recommend you also buy a second atomizer just incase one craps out. I ordered from them on tuesday and received it on thursday, so they're on top of their shit when it comes to getting orders out. Their marb liquid is pretty good too, haven't tried the flue-cured i got yet. Bear in mind i'm new to this though, so i don't have any other experience with other liquids. And don't be surprised if it tastes terrible for the first hour or so while the atomizer breaks in.

Forgot all about it to be dead honest. The bottle disappeared from sight while the marb red bottle did not, so naturally i went with whatever i spotted first. I'll try it out tomorrow and report back.

My buddy and his girlfriend have been in town for a few days visiting, and she's a smoker so i've been smoking more regular smokes and letting my buddy use the 901 with the 0 nicotine cart i got in the sample pack that came with the kit. He quit smoking probably 2 years ago now, but says just going through the motions with the 0 nicotine stuff is kinda soothing. He accidentally grabbed the 24mg marb red cart i had sitting out one morning though and was not too happy about that after a couple drags.

So I got my 901. It came with a empty mouthpiece in it already, me being ignorant I tried it without a filter/juice in it. Then replaced it with a 'Low' mouthpiece. Pulls very nice. Kind of addicting. I can feel the nicotine. The kit I got came with 5 mouthpieces varying from no nicotine to very high nicotine. I also got an 18mg bottle of menthol juice. I don't know how long the cartridge I put in will last but when it runs out I am just going to refill it with the menthol. Even the vapor produced by it looks exactly like real smoke, it just disapates more quicker. From looking at the other ones out and reading the reviews it seems like the 901 is the top of the line and any other e-cig would be a waste. From my experience I'd have to say the 901 is the way to go.

So I got my 901. It came with a empty mouthpiece in it already, me being ignorant I tried it without a filter/juice in it. Then replaced it with a 'Low' mouthpiece. Pulls very nice. Kind of addicting. I can feel the nicotine. The kit I got came with 5 mouthpieces varying from no nicotine to very high nicotine. I also got an 18mg bottle of menthol juice. I don't know how long the cartridge I put in will last but when it runs out I am just going to refill it with the menthol. Even the vapor produced by it looks exactly like real smoke, it just disapates more quicker. From looking at the other ones out and reading the reviews it seems like the 901 is the top of the line and any other e-cig would be a waste. From my experience I'd have to say the 901 is the way to go.

The throat hit on these little fuckers is great.

Use the blank cart to drip onto the atomizer and inhale.

Throat hit for days.

So basically, if I use the blank tip it would be like the highest nicotine allowing cartridge. I thought that I read about a way to clean out the cartridges of what they come prefilled with so you can add your preferred flavor of juice. The Marlboro ones that came pre packed with it are getting old.

Well, you take the empty blank and use it as a mouthpiece for when you

drip.

You can take out the old batting and rinse it in water/pure grain alcohol/whatever

and then let it dry. Then you can repack and use.