Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

These last few months have been very busy without any time for artwork

today was my first official day off where I had some time to do a piece ive been thinking about for a long time.

I had got arches paper and it was just sitting there pissing me off, so today, hung over as hell, i started and completed this drawing

Bateleur1.jpg

in hindsight: really like the face, not so much the head feathers but thats life. Its 11" by 15", gunna frame it soon just need to get some matting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is that a real type of bird? for some reason the length of the tail feathers are bothering me. Like they need to be longer just passed the wings.

But Im not dissing your art. ha. I love all your drawings. Great work.

its a bateleur eagle. Sometimes called "the tight rope walker" because it has a very short tail, and instead of using a tail to stabilize itself in flight, it moves its entire body from side to side like its balancing on a tight rope.

The head of it is like some sort of cirque du soleil shit. and its on a tight rope....

They are all the same (some just photographed better than others.) Delta Acrylic paints and Decocolor markers on plywood.

Here are some pics of them framed

4672854565_c851306148_z.jpg

4627813323_8f7f67009e_z.jpg

bnasty! those are super good, i love comic / cartoon drawings, i wish there was a bit more or larger colorshades / shading on the large 1 color spaces

example?mascot-hockey.gif

istockphoto_9742160-bandit-baseball-mascot.jpg

just me! keep on doing what youre doing, those look great and super clean

havent posted much lately. I got laser eye'd a few days ago so shits blurry. ANYWHO

heres the piece i previously posted all framed up

Bat2_framed.jpg

the inside is black and gold

heres a painting ive started on tonight...

elephant_wip1.jpg

thats about it

i got a sweet new drafting table too its dope... anyways peace folks

Hayabusa- do you generally like painting animals or is it just what you find to be most marketable? I have recently given a lot of thought to going back to 2 dimensional works for the mere fact that they sell better.

to be honest, the bird drawings are a throw back to some realistic stuff I did years ago and had it turn out nice, so I ran with it now, a few years later. As for painting, Im still unsure about it as far as theme and subkect goes.

Personally I think art "with a message" is corny. I am more of a fan of scenery and things that look pretty, wether they be scenes with or without animals, or imaginary stuff...

That elephant is a gift for someone though.

Word Second that....

I really like this Thread, Some good work in here, I thought I'd post something myself.

Here's a couple of "nice" Paintings I done for my Great Auntie, and a another Family relation that lives in London.

She's in her late 80's and likes uncomplicated "nice" Art, if thats the right word.

These are small paintings, I'm trying to get used to Acrylics, after painting in Oils for a few years.

kingfisherforgreatantieflora-1-1.jpg

Birdpaintingforviv-1-1.jpg

wipwaterfallforflora-1.jpg

I'll post some more work soon, thats a bit different. I got to get more motivated I get so Distracted by things, mainly the Web, in fact, I love to see what other artists and writers are doing, and sourcing inspiration for future paintings, that it effects my work, I got to get motivated again and finish off a load of work I should of completed time ago..

Sorry for the lil rant there, nice one..

Archived