Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

Dre,

the best way I've found to nab shows is coming correct. Have a good portfolio of your work, have flicks of your shit online and talk to friends and associates. This all breaks down into three words:

Take Good Pictures

Thanks, I'm nowhere near ready to have public showings of my stuff, I just wanted to know so that I can start taking the proper steps now, or at least be aware of what needs to be done. I'm slowly starting to build a portfolio of works and photos. Thanks to all that responded, it's greatly appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So, exhibition happened, and both my pieces, that I wasn't feeling, sold on opening night. I'm happy that they sold, and just gonna use this to push me further into it.

Also, I really wanna do some trades. Anyone wanna trade?

older works...

"Two Heads are Better Than One", Edition of 6

DSC_0025better.jpg

"Feminine Proportions", Monotype

DSC_0048.jpg

"Lily, Bewildered"

DSC_0068better.jpg

"The Falling Girl, A Portrait", Mixed Media

DSC_0085.jpg

And some newer work...

"Bag Head", Ink and Watercolor

JILLIANFREYERbaghead.jpg

"Cant Have It All", Spray Paint, Paint Markers

JILLIANFREYERcanthaveitall.jpg

ill post some moarrr soon....

• Like 1

So Ive been dabbling with my label for my batch of Blackberry wine that is almost ready. I was going to go elegant then thought of maybe doing a style like Alex Trochuts...out of boredom I did a quick pentool of some tattoo-esque lettering. Been a minute since Ive tried it... does it look proper? The C bothers me a bit and the B also...I dunno critic me 12oz.

backnblack.jpg

"Andy Warhol, Shepard Fairey, just a couple of artists that have been used in order to describe the paintings of Mori Pablo. Taking that into account, her style is intricate in the making, but once completed it is seen as wonderfully simplistic." haha that was from one of the artists that was in your show hayabusa

would that really work on a bottle though .. its a good idea n all but im just thinking if its back in black make things a shit tonne darker or use that same letter style and make it look like old pirate wine. you know sand coloured paper and black ink writing simple but effective.

and hayabusa dude i told you i wanted that on a shirt when it was done. get to it man.

You bring out a good point. Ive tried it without the tilt and I havent made up my mind yet because Im still debating a background color. And I dont think Im going to have a square label, I was looking to maybe nick the sides or corners down a bit. Plus I still have to put down the bottling date and alc content somewhere as well.