Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayabusa

Your Art Thread

I'll post various stuff, I've got two paintings in progress right now that I'll put up when finished, so these are mostly older things I've done over the years:

Stained glass build in progress for church:

windownewest2.jpg

Little window made with scraps:

IMG06013.jpg

Restoration of 100 year old window in progress:

IMG06875.jpg

Drying restoration completed:

window.jpg

Next we have some fractals... these were all done using my own formulas which were modifications of the Julia, Mandelbrot, and Newton fractals which had alternating sin/cos/tan etc functions applied to the iterated "Z" variable to create the more swirly patterns:

TookTooMuch.jpg

2Spirals.jpg

RainbowMess_www.jpg

Peacock_www.jpg

Egg_www.jpg

Loopy.jpg

SnailShell.jpg

• Like 1

3D Work:

mylittlepony.jpg

fishbowls_t.jpg

I have a skateboard deck, nightstand, and some other shit I've painted but I can't find any of the photos right now so I'll have to take new ones later.

Thanks... I have worked on some more intricate ones that I never uploaded anywhere, will do in a few days. We mostly worked off the owners designs but she gave us a lot of freedom on modifications and we mostly picked the colors ourselves, the last few I did had lots of design changes so I'll try to get them up soon....

@=THE SWIPE=:

I taught myself too, I started on Max 1.0 and kind of stuck with that program through all the version changes... I've always thought Maya and Houdini were superior but it's really harder to learn a different workflow than it was to learn in the first place. If you use Max still, send me a PM, I've been writing some fractal texture plugins which I would like to find beta testers for.

I found more of the window pictures finally:

These two were shipped to singapore to be installed in some insanely rich guy's house... shipping cost almost as much as the windows.

IMGP1609.jpg

IMGP3689.jpg

Another for a friend:

IMGP1742.jpg

IMGP7411.jpg

Next two are the ones from the last post after installation and final cleanup:

IMG09911.jpg

IMG09906.jpg

Good shit in here, those windows are amazing.

A few from a series of pen/ink drawings I'm working on. They're all based on one-sentence "proverbs" but I haven't done the lettering yet...

"In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.":

IMG_1617.jpg

"Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.":

IMG_1620.jpg

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.":

IMG_1621.jpg

Kinda fuzzy lookin photos, I don't have a big enough scanner.

stain glass windows are so cool, even religious ones.

i love jazztechnos stuff too, the guy with the gun and the fish rules

Thanks... I have worked on some more intricate ones that I never uploaded anywhere, will do in a few days. We mostly worked off the owners designs but she gave us a lot of freedom on modifications and we mostly picked the colors ourselves, the last few I did had lots of design changes so I'll try to get them up soon....

@=THE SWIPE=:

I taught myself too, I started on Max 1.0 and kind of stuck with that program through all the version changes... I've always thought Maya and Houdini were superior but it's really harder to learn a different workflow than it was to learn in the first place. If you use Max still, send me a PM, I've been writing some fractal texture plugins which I would like to find beta testers for.

naw i had to use it for a job i was doin but now im mostly using Maya Rhino and Alias...Alias is my favorite...

I may end up doing a Maya version of the plugin, their API is much easier to develop with than Max's convoluted mess.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now