custom bags?

RELAPSER

all designer shit aside to even talk messenger bags and not mention Eric Zo is retarded, that being said, the second best in my oppinion IS ReLoad, i have two and they are awesome, a bit stiff for a VERY long time but rugged and will last you forever... still my all time favorite for fit, durability and function is ZO Bags...

i compare Bailey bags to fucking timbuktu... consumer bullshit will bells and whistles...some shit i would use only if i knew it was going to get destroyed or possibly lost etc...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not retarded, i just don't know how to get one.

a friend was trying to get a new one years back and finding stuff out about him/them was impossible.

there is a website now and it seems to have little to no info.

this close to xmas there is no way. reload is far more professional as a business.

http://www.zobags.com/

the email on that site is accurate, he will get back to you if your mail him... nicest dude ever and easy to deal with...

all designer shit aside to even talk messenger bags and not mention Eric Zo is retarded, that being said, the second best in my oppinion IS ReLoad, i have two and they are awesome, a bit stiff for a VERY long time but rugged and will last you forever... still my all time favorite for fit, durability and function is ZO Bags...

i compare Bailey bags to fucking timbuktu... consumer bullshit will bells and whistles...some shit i would use only if i knew it was going to get destroyed or possibly lost etc...

The reason I didn't mention Zo is because you can't buy a Zo anymore unless you're willing to go on ebay and bid against Japanese collectors. I've seen circa 1985 used Zo bags going for $1700, more recent models usually don't go for less than $500. He got smart and stopped making 900+ bags a year...now he makes 100-200 bags a year, auctions them off and makes three times the money. Essentially, he's doing what I'll probably do someday.

If you want to try, here's his contact info-

2hezqpw.jpg

Bailey bags are about as good of a bag as you're going to get for the money and the quality surpasses anything Timbuk2 has made since the mid-90s. I've repaired both...Timbuk2s are almost not worth repairing, but Baileys will last ten years before they need to be replaced and what wears on them is easy to fix.

If there's one thing I can confidently say I'm well versed in, it's messenger bags up till about 2006.

the email on that site is accurate, he will get back to you if your mail him... nicest dude ever and easy to deal with...

Are we talking about the same Eric? Those are the last two adjectives I'd use to describe him, and I've been friends with the guy since 1997. (That's kind of a joke...maybe I just know him a little differently/better than most, I don't know.) I will say that honest and fair are much more accurate descriptions, and if he likes you he'll be slightly more fair.

your totally right with the prices of the zo bags BUT recently 3 really nice ones went off in the 140-160 range. thats a fucking steal! they were crisp too.. then one that was vintage from 1989 sold for 93.00. i was shocked... listed right all with international shipping...

but if you know eric he will sell one at a reasonable price for sure...

A few years ago I asked him about getting a bag for a friend. He said something sarcastic like "Why don't you just make them a bag?"

So I offered to buy a Zo label for $50 and make a Zo replica...he laughed and said "Well, have them call me but I'm not promising anyone anything."

I ended up making the bag anyway even though I didn't get the label.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17270&d=1127380187

I wanted to show it to Eric but a mutual friend of ours bought it and it's really hard to get the three of us in the same spot.

A few years ago I asked him about getting a bag for a friend. He said something sarcastic like "Why don't you just make them a bag?"

So I offered to buy a Zo label for $50 and make a Zo replica...he laughed and said "Well, have them call me but I'm not promising anyone anything."

I ended up making the bag anyway even though I didn't get the label.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17270&d=1127380187

thats funny, looks good too, im KINDA surprised he didnt sell you one for the 50$ but kinda not if you know what i mean... sounds like he was in a shitty mod that day or gassed on the market in japan or something, he has always been super nice to me...