Kanye West Gets Album of The Decade?

i'moffthywallz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate kanye for the same reason i hate 50 cent.their full of themselves.they seem like the most pompous niggas in the world and the kind of people who would do anything for fame.kanye jumpin on stage actin like a fool and fifty for starting beef with everyone out there to boost his albums sales becuase he knows his whole g unit is garbage.fuck them niggas.

yeah i get what your saying.but its still worth mentioning imo, and better than most the shit thats been put out in the last nine years. id rather listen to that shit than any thing that fool kanye put out.i blame him for all this autotune bullshit that i keep hearing on mtv. shit is played out. motherfuckers using autotone becuase they cant hold a note and its getting old really quick.

AND YO, NOT FOR NOTHIN NIGGAS DO BE SUCKIN HIM OD AND THE NIGGA AINT PRODUCED NO "WOW" SHIT IN MAD LONG IF HE DID IN FACT PRODUCE MM (WHICH IM NOT GONNA FRONT YOU JUST PUT ME ON)

youre right...dude hadnt produced any bangers that got major rotation since the 90's. however....

you cant front that "stakes is high" is one of the best hiphop songs of all time...production and lyrics.

I was thinking the whole time Denoche and others that act like J. Dilla was the greatest thing to ever to happen to music, and only because he died.

That said, I'm not as harsh as you. I like some Dilla tracks. Most of them I've heard probably. But that's it. Not the greatest producer though.

I also think the same thing about people that worship Big L. Half of them never heard of him til after he died. Big L; good lyricist but not among the top 10.

Big Pun on the other hand is one of the best lyricists of all time and that has nothing to do with the fact he died. And Biggie & Pac also were great but they were already well known before they died.

just because mad people jump on the dills hella late doesn't mean that cats arnt ill. Big L is one of the top 3 freestyle emcees of all time. period. im curious to know who you think would be in that top 3. one thing we agree 100% on is how slept on big pun was. for sure one of the top 10 emcees of all time.

just because mad people jump on the dills hella late doesn't mean that cats arnt ill. Big L is one of the top 3 freestyle emcees of all time. period. im curious to know who you think would be in that top 3. one thing we agree 100% on is how slept on big pun was. for sure one of the top 10 emcees of all time.

Top 3 is hard to say. I could rotate 'em around and put the most likely candidates. But Big L wouldn't be on that. And I wouldn't put J. Dilla in the Top 3 producers of all time either.

Top 3 candidates (in no order):

Rakim

Jay-Z

Biggie

Tupac

KRS-One

Nas

Eminem

Big Pun

And I'm not talking about "lyricism" solely. But best rapper. Judging based on a combination of lyricism, message, image, innovation, voice, influence/impact, entertainment value.

Top 3 producers:

DJ Premier

Dr. Dre

RZA

All opinions of course. I don't think Big Pun was really slept on, he just had a short career (as a signed rapper) and didn't have enough time to really blossom (NH).

Top 3 is hard to say. I could rotate 'em around and put the most likely candidates. But Big L wouldn't be on that. And I wouldn't put J. Dilla in the Top 3 producers of all time either.

Top 3 candidates (in no order):

Rakim

Jay-Z

Biggie

Tupac

KRS-One

Nas

Eminem

Big Pun

And I'm not talking about "lyricism" solely. But best rapper. Judging based on a combination of lyricism, message, image, innovation, voice, influence/impact, entertainment value.

Top 3 producers:

DJ Premier

Dr. Dre

RZA

All opinions of course. I don't think Big Pun was really slept on, he just had a short career (as a signed rapper) and didn't have enough time to really blossom (NH).

Hot shit, my nigga Theo sai the RZA RAZOR!!!!

I think of all time he's one of the best producers.

Album of the Decade... shit, that means nothing past 99/00???? and I'm talking hiphop here...

Tough, since everything I listen to is pre99 just about...

Gangstarr - The Ownerz

Dilla - Donuts (This is more producer of the decade, dude did half the album from a hospital bed and never sold out.)

Buckshot 9th Wonder - The Formula

Murs - 3:16

Pharoe Monch - Desire

Little Brother - Ministrel Show

Ghostface - Supreme Clientele, Bulletproof Wallets, Pretty Toney, Fishscale

Seanp and Ruck (super honorable mention, just about every project they been on is fire D.I.R.T was fire)

I feel like I can go on forever, that's more of a list before Kanye would ever be recognized, Fucking bullshit, dudes a producer, trying to MC... no respect for Kanye... Dilla, was making beats from a hospital bed... Kanye needs to hang it up. You can't hold a candle to that. RIP DILLA!

Best of 2009 (OB4CL2, Skyzoo - The Salvation....)

Oh and whomever had top 3 producers list, you need to re-org that....

Pete Rock

Premier

9th Wonder

RZA

Dilla

Up and coming (Static Selektah, but he kinda going too commercial for my liking)

well stated my friend on the Grey album...i was thinking this the other night. saw el-p and danger mouse chillin at my favorite bar. makes me think how important Funcrusher was as well. that album is 12 years old and still eeeelllllll. wonder if theyll be working on something.

FTR, i dont care much for Jay. i mean he's great, just not my cup. but that album has some major weight.