MLB 2010... Early thread..

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha^ ouch

also, NL pitchers always do shitty in the AL because the AL is far superior but i agree Halladay will be serious in the NL, dont sweat it ralph... with that said, i think the trade didnt make the Phills a better or worse team... newest rumors though is that someone NOT Halladay failed a psysical so the trade is on a pause right now...

• 1 month later...
haha^ ouch

also, NL pitchers always do shitty in the AL because the AL is far superior but i agree Halladay will be serious in the NL, dont sweat it ralph... with that said, i think the trade didnt make the Phills a better or worse team... newest rumors though is that someone NOT Halladay failed a psysical so the trade is on a pause right now...

um actually the last few years the nl has statiscally passed the al offensively.

more runs scored, power numbers and avg. halliday will do his normal 17-9. half his starts in philly bandbox.

the nl doesnt have a dh so there is a difference to a pitchers approach facing the bottom of an order in the nl than the al but this is the bigs. guys can and still will hit anybody.

ny mets fan here- i cant see them repeating last year but htere not serious contenders 82-80.

heres some predictions.

boston takes al east== yanks wild card

minny and seatle with there improved staff in the playoffs

Philly takes east

la. and st lou again but s.f. gets the wildcard.

i like s.f. pitching enough to say there going to the w.s.

boston over s.f. in w,s.

yanks wont repeat they gave up alot of offense in matsui and damon and granderson is iffy strikes out and cant hit lefty's. petite is ehh. joba is not a starter. and jeter wont have another career ur at 35 take that into acct and i still dont like burnett. he is overated. all this and they wil still win 95 games. i just think they palyed over there heads last year this is not the 98-2000 yanks.

i think boston has a more rounded team. better defense and starting pitching and htey can hang offensively.

the phills addition of halladay doesnt make them much better than last year it all depends on the rest of the rotation.

but no other team is ready to dethrown them in the east.

i think the nats are much improved. can see them winning 85games.

anyway if you actually read this let me know ur opinion

Chupa: You living in Colorado now? FYI, Twins will have a ton of televised games on Fox Saturday Baseball, but it's all regional.

Twins had a hell of an off-season and the office played the FA market quite well.

We got JJ Hardy (SS) from the Brewers in a trade, signed Big Jim Thome for one year, $1.5mil to fill a BENCH ROLE with some light DH work, and we just got Orlando Hudson (2B) for one year, $5mil. We also got Clay Condrey on the cheap for some added bullpen depth. We'll have a pretty nasty line-up going into this season with 1-7 line-up with Span, Hudson, Mauer, Morneau, Kubel, Cuddyer, and Hardy. Maybe even 8 if Delmon Young can start hitting the ball more. Pitching rotation is good, but could be better. Scott Baker had a rough 2009, but he still has a ton of potential. Same for Francisco Liriano - it's reported that he is pitching like an animal in the DR winter leagues at the moment. Bullpen should be solid with Nathan as the closer.

Predictions:

AL East: Boston Red Sox; NYY lost some talent, but they'll still be competitive. Forget about the O's, Jays, and Rays.

AL Central: Minnesota Twins; KC and Chicago will have good seasons.

AL West: Seattle Mariners; busy off-season for them, and now they have Cliff Lee. If Milton Bradley can get his act together, that will be a huge plus. Anaheim will be okay.

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies; I think Atlanta Braves may have a shot here, though. Mets, Marlins, nope. Nats in a few years.

NL Central: St. Louis Cardinals; Milwaukee and Chicago will jockey around for 2nd place all season. Houston and Cincinatti, not so much. And we all know the likely outcome for the Pirates.

NL West: LA Dodgers.

Pitching rotation is good, but could be better. Scott Baker had a rough 2009, but he still has a ton of potential. Same for Francisco Liriano - it's reported that he is pitching like an animal in the DR winter leagues at the moment. Bullpen should be solid with Nathan as the closer.

Kinda the same bind we've been in for awhile now where our pitching has the potential to do well, but it's a bit of a toss up if they actually do. I still have confidence that Baker and Liriano could both be incredibly good pitchers, but they need to get a lot more consistent. It was rough watching them have a great start and then the next few starts just fucking botching everything. We definitely have the potential to go far this season, but our pitchers need to step up their game from last season by a lot. And people like Delmon, Punto, Casilla, Tolbert and Harris need to step up their hitting game a bit. Like you said though, our 1-7 spots are solid as hell, which is a relief.

• 4 weeks later...