MLB 2010... Early thread..

KARD like WOE

it was funny, last night watching the twins/m's ga,e. i was with spme bird. 9th rolls around, mariners briong up griffey as a phitter. i say to her how great he is and what he means to the 206. she says " i thought they loved itchiro" i say they do. but h is therew son and is thw man.

turnied out to be his last at bat. an out.

im glad to have been so close to his career. legend. true sportsman. legend.

rip ken griffey jr. career.

i-am-sLad

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so they are having a meeting today, will the call be rescinded???

i know most people including Jim Joyce hopes so. and there has already been precedent of this in the past... the "George Brett pine tar incident" that HR was recalled then given back by baseball so its not like they have not given a call back to the player before... problem is, this could open a whole can of worms here... i say open said can, this is history and such a special feet that it deserves the action... however i think pussy foot Selig will fucking blow it and not do a fucking thing... At the very least, it should open the door to expanded instant replay so the same mistake isn't made again.

This is the shit that will define his carreer.

Probably woke up this morning wishing it was all a bad dream. At the moment

he called it he probably thought he was right. I rather not think the call was made

maliciously... it was a bad call. I make em sometimes too. They have the power

to dispute this.

Yea i dont think he did this to spite Detroit or Armando Galaraga. Joe Joyce

is from Toledo. Mudhens are Detroits biggest farm team and Toledo is hardly

50 miles from Detroit. He could have easily grew up a Tiger fan.

Joyce fucked up and i call him a scrub out of anger but dude is VERY well liked in the MLB... every player and manager that has spoke up about this has had nothing bad to say about him...

also,

they just gave Galarraga a brand new vette before the game. i would tell them to keep it, when your that rich you can buy a fleet of those shits. there are only 20 perfect games in the history of the game...

as gay as it is that shit went down the other night. i kinda agree with his descion not to reverse the call, once you do that once. itll open up the flood gates for all kinds of things.

but, that being said. bring in instant replay for more calls. this is a great example of why it should be there.

as gay as it is that shit went down the other night. i kinda agree with his descion not to reverse the call, once you do that once. itll open up the flood gates for all kinds of things.

but, that being said. bring in instant replay for more calls. this is a great example of why it should be there.

I agree.

And to be honest I don't think dude would be cool with being "given" that shit back.

I wouldn't.

given what??? he earned it... "given" would be that the dude was actually safe...

im not even UMAD or a Detroit fan but as a fan of the game im disappointed and feel the "right" thing was not done.

and that accolade is unreal in my eyes...

whats done is done, just saying though....

was having this discussion with some friends and wanted to know what the oontz thought.

how would you guys feel if baseball had challenges like in football, like 2 per game, maybe 1.

the calls would be simple and probably not take up much time, they would probably be for safe on a base, or an outfield catch or something. no strikes/ball calls obviously

i dunno, personaly id much rather be remembered as one of only 21 people to pitch a recognized perfect game in all of history rather than a guy who came close, probably did but isnt credited for it.

as far as challenges, perhaps... but seems kinda foolish in one sense that plays so close wouldnt automaticly just be reviewed but if thats the case. so be it. helps speed up the game rather than filling it with instant replay delays i suppose.

but really, i think it should be pretty black n white. apart from balls and strikes, any and all situational plays/calls that warrant a review should be suseptable to one.

im pro on instant replay, it would of saved galarragas's perfect game. It's understandable that many people will be against it, and the reson why is because the umpires take for fucking ever to go into the little room where they check out the play and shit, when they can easily set up a near by booth (just like the NFL) by the home team's dugout (not in the dugout but possibly next to it) and possibly save half the time it would normally take, but then again just an idea and a suggestion knowing damn well its not gonna happen.

The home run review is enough for me - I didn't even want it in the first place.

Umps make the calls (and managers can argue/appeal), and that's that. And they do a damn fine job at it.

Adding reviews to every fucking play would probably result in a PG happening a lot more often than usual, thus making it a less-illustrious achievement for a pitcher to have to their name. Fuck, there have already been three in the last two seasons. Shame Galaragga lost his, but that's just a part of the game. If I were him, I wouldn't even be dwelling on it at this point (despite the media and fan base asking a lot questions), but I'd be more focused on having a long and prosperous pitching career. Better than being a flash in the pan with a perfect game to your name.