MLB 2010... Early thread..

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox got a (imo) a pretty solid rotation. I really dont have that much faith in garcia thou. when he gets down on himself his pitching suffers. at least from what i remember when we had him before. i see visquel(as long as he dont spit on anyone) being ramierz mentor, ramariez can finally have someone who understands him ON the field. wich hopefully makes him a greater player than what he already is. i really hope quentin can show that promise he had last season.

and stupid decision was to let thome and dye go. pierre over dye? im not really sure thats an upgrade?

asthma al, presason games dont matter but the sox whooped you guys.

When July/August rolls around in Arlington the heat is so unbearable that it actually affects the game play down there. This is why the Rangers choked last year and let the Angels take 1st place in the West. This is why the Rangers always choke near the end of the season.

The Rangers probably have the most power of all the teams in both leagues, great fielding too, but the pitching is what kills them.

So until your team moves into a dome, and acquires better pitching, you're pretty much fucked.

Can't wait for the Twins season to start. I'll be running out to the watering hole tomorrow afternoon to watch the first televised Spring Training game against the Red Sox.

We just signed Denard Span to a five-year deal for all of his arbitration years, plus an option for his first FA season. Dude is probably the best lead-off hitter in the game.

Really hoping Nathan can pull through and get a few save opportunities this season. Either way, he'll need surgery at some point. There are rumors that Liriano might be slotted into the closer role, which I am not all for. If he can get his fastball command in line and stay confident on the mound, he'll be one of our best starters. I'd rather see Rauch or Guerrier in the closer role if Nathan can't do it.

I think it will be a very tight race in the AL Central for us, mainly against the Chi Sox. They made some good moves this year, and probably have the best rotation in the division (Peavy, Danks, Beurhle). Non-tendering Dye was a good thing. The guy has had a huge career thus far, he's old, can't run, and can really only fill the role as a DH now. Pierre was a huge deal for them - he was awesome for the Dodgers when Manny was suspended. He deserves to be an everyday guy.

Can't wait for the Twins season to start. I'll be running out to the watering hole tomorrow afternoon to watch the first televised Spring Training game against the Red Sox.

We just signed Denard Span to a five-year deal for all of his arbitration years, plus an option for his first FA season. Dude is probably the best lead-off hitter in the game.

What are your thoughts on the new stadium? everyone here in Chicago is happy it's finally REAL grass. We couldnt field shit in tht metrodome!

Ron Washington already putting the first set back in the Rangers season with cocaine usage, it might not effect them too much but I'll take what I can get, maybe Ron can trigger a relapse for Josh Hamilton, that would be awesome. I had no idea that MLB players weren't tested for recreational drugs, only roids. I wonder how many players are doing coke or meth or whatever. I know for a fact that Manny smokes copious amounts of weed, although its pretty obvious by his display in the outfield.

Sea air usually puts a big dent in the amount of home runs at ball parks. Safeco Field in Seattle, AT&T park in San Fransico, Petco field in San Diego, parks a few blocks away from the ocean seem to prevent long bombs. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of home runs, but the amount is probably below average compared to other parks.

I could be completely wrong too.

Ron Washington already putting the first set back in the Rangers season with cocaine usage, it might not effect them too much but I'll take what I can get, maybe Ron can trigger a relapse for Josh Hamilton, that would be awesome. I had no idea that MLB players weren't tested for recreational drugs, only roids. I wonder how many players are doing coke or meth or whatever. I know for a fact that Manny smokes copious amounts of weed, although its pretty obvious by his display in the outfield.

lolz fuck it Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Ron got the coke from Josh Hamilton.

Hamilton hit all of those home runs at the All-Star Home Run Derby in NY because he was acting as a drug mule from the Mexican cartels, smuggling the shit to NY. One of the bags burst during practice swings and he got his superhuman power.

In reality, the guy really isn't all that good.

Could someone explain to me why the Nationals might not put Strasburg on the roster this year?

What are they waiting for? I know he's young, but do they really have anything to lose? They're planning to build a franchise around this guy, why not just put him in the majors right away? Instead of letting him inflate his ego in triple A only to have it deflated once he gets his first major league start. Break him in in the majors, and let him grow there with the cream of the crop instead of letting him strike out a bunch of washed up and inexperienced players in the minors.

He's only pitched so many innings at Spring Training. So, he's thrown to A, AA, AAA, and maybe a few MLB players, and did quite well. But you can't send a person straight into the majors when their only experience is in ST games (as a non-roster invitee?). He needs to mature and work to the majors level. It's a win-win for the ball club to do that; it poses less of a risk to the player (potential career suicide) and to the Nationals club (they don't lose their top prospect).

I just couldn't fathom seeing a kid coming in straight from college as the top draft pick and pitching 180+ innings with no minor league experience whatsoever.

I think time in the minors also benefits the player's status in the MLBPA.