Upper Playground ad.....CLICK IT

earl broclo ESQ

Why are you all up on their nuts? You probably rock "The Hundreds" also.

I don't even know what that is. I'm in my mid-thirties and my connection to all this stuff goes back about 15 years and is more complicated than I care to get into here...suffice it to say that I've seen a lot of streetwear shops and companies come and go and when they do wrong, people stop supporting them. Period.

My homies were used in a PHOTO shoot for an add that was WIDELY used for U.P. and all they got was a lousy T Shirt!!!

Did the t-shirt say "I did an ad for Upper Playground and all I got was this lousy T-shirt?" If not, it should have.

Were they promised anything more than that? Did they get it in writing? Did they stop to consider that having their name connected to UP is potentially worth a lot more than a couple hundred bucks if they played it right?

What's your percentage in all this? Are you their agent or just their hype man?

If you know them tell them their PORTLAND OREGON STORE is a piece of shit and the people in there are gay as fuck!!

As you pointed out, it's probably a franchise, ergo there's not much they can do about it.

And yes i told the employees in the store the same thing. Dumb ass bitches working in there who have no idea whats going on except for Banksy And Shepherd.

If you handled yourself the same way there as you do here, they probably took one look at you having a fit then looked at the till and laughed.

Maybe the SF dudes are aiight but that store is making them look bad.

Smartest thing you said yet. Why don't you send UP an email about this and see if they can make it right? I'm not being sarcastic, they rely on their good name staying that way and if there's a problem they'll want to know about it.

But don't get mad if they send you a t-shirt, okay?

And unless you're paying $1000 a year for VIP, slamming the advertisers here is a really bad look.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man, I know when I start a business, I sure don't want it to make money. Fuck all that shit.

I've been buying Upper Playground's stuff for awhile, mostly because I used to spend a lot of time in the bay and you couldn't get their stuff where I was staying. Bitches loved my tshirts.

Oh and speaking of SF, I just saw a Grey and Amaze on Mythbusters.

at least you could just support the site you waste time on. log on, click a link, proceed to browse.

i cant even buy miller lite where i live yet i click it. designing, maintaining, running a site is a huge amount of work and effort. even if raven breaks even from these ads its worth it. but hell, if homie can make some extra cash or a living from providing me with free entertainment and some pretty good content even better.

EVERY artist will get ripped off or fucked around in their career. it builds a bit of character and humbles you, and teaches you how to not get ripped off next time.

• Like 1

If he's anyone known from PDX, that narrows it down to about 30 people and it's likely that we have mutual friends. And promoting and getting up are two totally different things.

I've seen plenty of people and stores try to run game in this particular business. The ones that last usually got to where they are based on the strength of their rep. Sure, there's some politics and lessons learned along the way...but if UP was truly shady they wouldn't have lasted or gotten the support from the artists and the public. Shit, they wouldn't have even made it to their second birthday...I can think of three shops that started around the same time and they were all closed by 2002.

It's like, there's three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. I'm sure UP has their own take on this. I'm also willing to bet that nothing was actually put in writing, and without some kind of contract you're wide open to getting a raw deal, whether by accident or by design. That was unprofessional and short-sighted on both ends of the deal, but it happens ALL THE TIME...writers don't usually make deals like that, which is understandable but it comes with some risk.

If he's anyone known from PDX, that narrows it down to about 30 people and it's likely that we have mutual friends. And promoting and getting up are two totally different things.

I've seen plenty of people and stores try to run game in this particular business. The ones that last usually got to where they are based on the strength of their rep. Sure, there's some politics and lessons learned along the way...but if UP was truly shady they wouldn't have lasted or gotten the support from the artists and the public. Shit, they wouldn't have even made it to their second birthday...I can think of three shops that started around the same time and they were all closed by 2002.

It's like, there's three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. I'm sure UP has their own take on this. I'm also willing to bet that nothing was actually put in writing, and without some kind of contract you're wide open to getting a raw deal, whether by accident or by design. That was unprofessional and short-sighted on both ends of the deal, but it happens ALL THE TIME...writers don't usually make deals like that, which is understandable but it comes with some risk.

Dude you write too much and i am not going to read it all but basically - nothing against 12oz go ahead and click on all the adds - we need this site.

But whoever you are - you OBVIOUSLY work for UP or at least suck their dick and thats the last thing I have to say about it.

Wrong twice. Dealt with them on a professional level years ago, though....nothing but smooth sailing.

Unless this affected you directly (I'm beginning to wonder) I don't get why you're so bent out of shape about it. My friends get took sometimes...as long it doesn't affect me I commiserate with them, but that's all.

just saying, when compared to UP, Scoup has done a lot for art/graffiti.

but its only because i know something you don't shai

Hmmm...well, consider this- when it comes to my impression of people on the web I've only got what their words to go on. That's why I tend to be verbose, I want to make sure I don't leave any gaps in my story. (Plus I ramble and type fast, but that's neither here nor there.)

This guy throws out extraordinary claims, then when I say, "Gee, that's a shame, without a more filled out story and some kind of proof you're just another blowhard salty cracker on 12 oz. Why should I believe you when I know different based on what I've seen and experienced in person?" I even gave him the benefit of the doubt and said "But if this is true, you should contact them and see what they can do to resolve it. Trust me, they aren't ogres."

After all, I've dealt with UP on a business level, been to their events, know other people who have dealt with them....one of my friends owned a shop next door to their Fillmore Street store and had nothing but good things to say about them- in fact, he was my in with them. I have the benefit of first hand experience and a few peer reviews, and it's all been positive.

Whereas this dude just kept getting more and more wound up about something that happened to someone else to where eventually (according to him) I'm blowing the entire marketing team of UP. Bear in mind that none of these claims have been proven with hard evidence. So it's like, okay, be mad, but why should I respect you when you can't be credible or respectful? Hell, you can't even throw me a few basic details via PM so I have a clearer picture of what happened? He already told me most of the story, might as well fill in the blanks.

Basically, if you doubt my credibility on the internet, I'll do whatever I can to show you that I'm the real deal. After all, all I have is my word and my reputation, and they mean a lot to me.

If this guy has curated shows and sponsored projects with artists like Phil Frost, David Choe, GIANT, CHINO, IZ THE WIZ, STAN 153, REVOLT, and ZEPHYR, that's awesome. I'd like to know more about it.

If all he's done is written a bunch of graffiti and/or taken a bunch of photos or maybe made a zine...well, so have I, but I don't talk about it much. Let's say that I have a couple good reasons and leave it at that. One I will share? It's not that big of a deal, at this point graffiti writers/photographers are a dime a dozen and anyone can take a blog and print it.

I'm not calling you a liar or him a liar, but it's kind of the same thing. Without proof, I'm not gonna change my mind.

Why are you all up on their nuts? You probably rock "The Hundreds" also.:lol: :lol:

My homies were used in a PHOTO shoot for an add that was WIDELY used for U.P. and all they got was a lousy T Shirt!!! If you know them tell them their PORTLAND OREGON STORE is a piece of shit and the people in there are gay as fuck!! And yes i told the employees in the store the same thing. Dumb ass bitches working in there who have no idea whats going on except for Banksy And Shepherd.Maybe the SF dudes are aiight but that store is making them look bad.

negapropped for shitstorming when you don't really know what time it is

the portland store and it's dumb retail sales drones don't really matter in the big picture

also, your homies didn't get over and let themselves get hustled. that's their bad

that mural is dope. i like the crazy wavey style he uses for texture and shading

and then theres these

a40_up_raygun.jpg

i need a new set of headphones but you can't buy these, they're only giving them away.

them shits would look fresh selling insurance over the phone :lol:

you can buy them for $250. they are for video games. I would say they are legit, but its up to each one if it is worth it.

they got some dope ones.

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/62/Upper-Playground-Audio-System/

you can go to "Product" and buy the Headphones only for $200

Never heard about it. I have several friends that have dealt with them and I've never heard anything but good things.

Upper Playground does a very good job promoting the headline artists on their site (Jeremy Fish, Sam Flores, etc.) but they have been exposed a few times for blatant plagiarism from ripping off designs of not so well known artists.

There is a website(http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com) that posts companies that rip off designs and exposes plagiarism, Upper Playground has made the list a few times.

I'm a fan of UP and have spend lots on their online store.

you can buy them for $250. they are for video games. I would say they are legit, but its up to each one if it is worth it.

they got some dope ones.

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/62/Upper-Playground-Audio-System/

you can go to "Product" and buy the Headphones only for $200

thats quite a bit of dime to drop on some gear, but i bet it's worth it... or do you think the BOSE are better?