Clogged Valves on Painters Touch 2X

Major Figure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you are referring to the new style cans, something I have noticed... if you are carrying them around in a g the stems sometimes get depressed, or damaged, I've have entire cans leak out on me in my bag. This is the only style can I save the (lids) for... pain in the ass, but since I've been more cautious of this, I haven't had as many valve issues.

just leave the lids on the cans. its not that hard to do. sure you lose a bit of space in your bag. but its better than losing a couple cans to bent or broken valves.

personally the only down side i see to them is that your cap selection is limited. (have to use the adapter or cut up your NY fats.) the stock tip doesn't always give you the cleanest lines. otherwise its a great paint for freights or any other surface that takes a lot of abuse from the elements. its nice just having to bring 1 can for your fill instead of 2. and if you cant rack the price isn't to bad either.

Make a male to female mixing cap and hit the clogged cans with some warmed up gumout. Or tap the upper ring at the top of the cap a few times on something hard like the edge of a hammer. Those 2 always work. Or if you have time and dont need to use them right away just like them sit upside down for a a few days to a few weeks. That work some times.

When it happened to me. I did the warm gumout and a few light taps and the can worked in less then 3 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
trout has thins and fats for them, they work great and i havnt had one clog on me yet

^^^

THIS x10!!

I shouldn't set a bad example by posting a link to advertising on here but the Trout fats and thins are the shit for these cans (and all of the female Accents as well). Just search on Trout Art Supply I think is the name for mail order.

• 1 month later...

Sorry i'm late to this thread, took a serious hiatus from 12oz and had a customer tell me i needed to get back on here due to speculation on this and that, so here i is :)

ok so RE: PT2x clogging:

apparently this is a common problem, since i started selling Rusto PT2x i've had this happen with a few customers (literally 8 cans out of nearly ... 6,000 or so sold) and my Rusto salesman authorized exchanges nearly instantly.

Apparently, Rustoleum knows that the amount of pigment in the cans with a standard rusto valve (although male valve system, it's not a 'new valve' like a euro can or whatever, it's the same valve as on other rusto cans) can lead to clogging in the uptake stem.

Due to this they are allowing exchanges, primarily because it hardly ever happens. He said "please ask the customers to shake a lot before and during use, and to spray the can upside down to try to clear it if it clogs".

Most writers are aware of this and will already do it, but something to keep in mind.

Also if you buy the cans from us we will honor an exchange or refund with sufficient proof of not working. Please don't file false claims though on cans that worked fine and you're just trying to get over, my salesman will eventually block us from buying PT2x and this would be a loss for everyone, as we're the only place you can get the full color range and the cheapest price.

Also it's *not* because of the SEKT adapter as far as i know. we've done a lot of research and from our experience this can happen with the PT2x stock cap, female caps, or the SEKT adapter, it's not something that happens solely due to using the adapter on these cans.

Also my salesman said if you bought from a Home Depot/Lowes/etc they should authorize a return. Racking cans then returning the clogged ones for an exchange??? .... Oh let's do it!!

yo ive had this happen on 4 or 5 cans outta a hundred or so... but also have some cans that have fucked up pressure, like none at all!.. and one can that only worked if it was held upside down. the new cans can really suck,the lighter colors are pretty watery for rusto. :mad:

mostly problem with cans with not enough pressure. and i use the tout caps and shake cans....The cans are cheaply made, but decent paint. all ive ever used was the painters touch line, so this saddens me.

• 4 weeks later...
yo ive had this happen on 4 or 5 cans outta a hundred or so... but also have some cans that have fucked up pressure, like none at all!.. and one can that only worked if it was held upside down. the new cans can really suck,the lighter colors are pretty watery for rusto. :mad:

mostly problem with cans with not enough pressure. and i use the tout caps and shake cans....The cans are cheaply made, but decent paint. all ive ever used was the painters touch line, so this saddens me.

You should call customer service and tell them to help you.

All you need to do is TAP the bottom of the can on something hard to knock the clogged pigments out of the stem. If that dosnt work try either Heating or Cooling the can and do it again.

Heating =( Let can sit in some water that was just at the boiling point for a few 2 minutes )

Cooling =( Leave in the freezer over night )

There is anotherr way to clear the stem But that require's those adapter sockets and another can.

Basically you would be acting like you were going to mix the cans. You take the clogged can and freeze it, and you take a heated can as a feeder to force blow the shit out of the stem.