Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Major Figure

Clogged Valves on Painters Touch 2X

Searched but couldn't find on here or google.

I have cans of Painter Touch 2x that i used before, till 3/4 full, but now the valve seems to be clogged. Is there any way to unclog it?

put it upsidown in a jar of solvents for a while, then spray. might just be the cap tho because you cant clear the caps on painters touch

i feel those pt 2x are poorly made.... ive had pressure issues with like 5% of the cans ive had. but damn that paint is awesome!!

green apple!!!!

if you are referring to the new style cans, something I have noticed... if you are carrying them around in a g the stems sometimes get depressed, or damaged, I've have entire cans leak out on me in my bag. This is the only style can I save the (lids) for... pain in the ass, but since I've been more cautious of this, I haven't had as many valve issues.

just leave the lids on the cans. its not that hard to do. sure you lose a bit of space in your bag. but its better than losing a couple cans to bent or broken valves.

personally the only down side i see to them is that your cap selection is limited. (have to use the adapter or cut up your NY fats.) the stock tip doesn't always give you the cleanest lines. otherwise its a great paint for freights or any other surface that takes a lot of abuse from the elements. its nice just having to bring 1 can for your fill instead of 2. and if you cant rack the price isn't to bad either.

Make a male to female mixing cap and hit the clogged cans with some warmed up gumout. Or tap the upper ring at the top of the cap a few times on something hard like the edge of a hammer. Those 2 always work. Or if you have time and dont need to use them right away just like them sit upside down for a a few days to a few weeks. That work some times.

When it happened to me. I did the warm gumout and a few light taps and the can worked in less then 3 minutes.

I love using painter touch, colors are dope. Great for fill in I use he pink dot with the adapter. Haven't had any problems with clogs yet, hope I never do...

sorta related but ive been experiencing loss of pressure on PT after using a sekt adapter. ive got 2 almost full cans of my new favorite colors and i cant even use them. wont spray at all. even with the stock cap or a completely new stock cap.

trout has thins and fats for them, they work great and i havnt had one clog on me yet

^^^

THIS x10!!

I shouldn't set a bad example by posting a link to advertising on here but the Trout fats and thins are the shit for these cans (and all of the female Accents as well). Just search on Trout Art Supply I think is the name for mail order.

the guy who runs it posts in here...

if i cant get my hand on some of those caps im just going to keep onto my old rustos and mix the PT colors into empty rusto cans.

yeah i tried mixing with that thing. its a joke

i did it today. worked fine. its just a matter of trial and error

Shit i hate...... I was out doing my shit one time and i the cans fell out

of my bag breaking the cap. Leaving the stem in the valve. 2 full cans

Sucked

I've had the same thing happen on a tall rusto can (not PT2x). Brand new can...sprayed it once and nothing came out. Should I try leaving it upside down for a few days or smack the hell out of the top?

and industrial or the 33% mores?

i love both of those cans. never had a problem with either. until the other night when a flat black industrial somehow started sputtering than lost all pressure with a quarter of a can left. but if i was ever stuck with one paint for the rest of my life it would be rusto.

33% more....

I just smacked the hell out of the top after sitting it upsidedown for a day. Sprays fine now!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this