Colleges!

`Melinoe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you want to learn. Either way, get your requirements out of the way at a JC and once you're all done with that you'll know which school you want to attend. Or at least you should know by then.

edit- Smile, I just saved you $20-40K.

Yeah someone in my family majored in business and lives in miami/ft. lauderdale and is doing pretty well.

I honestly don't know what I wanna do at the moment. I was thinking pharmacy or nursing but I don't think I'm really interested in those things. For colleges, I was looking at NYU because of the area but that's just not going to happen. I'm at a complete block at the moment.

I honestly don't know what I wanna do at the moment.

Trust me, when your nearing 30 you'll just want to make good money and have a dope job, look into being a traveling business consultant. You work with intelligent people on interesting situations. You travel the world, get paid well and have no expenses while doing it.

Depends on what you want to learn. Either way, get your requirements out of the way at a JC and once you're all done with that you'll know which school you want to attend. Or at least you should know by then.

edit- Smile, I just saved you $20-40K.

What he said. Until I started looking into the junior colleges in my area to get my requirements out of the way I figured only really rich people went to 4 year colleges.

Yeah but the pressure for me to get into college is unholy and I want to start thinking earlier since I completely fucked up my freshman year.

ask whoever is putting the pressure on you if they plan on paying or if it's going to be all on you in student loans. then ask them if it's smart that you rush into a school, just because it's "a good one", while you still may not be 100% sure what you want to do. save your money and go to a jr./community college. shit, even most 4 year state schools will be a safe bet at this point. get your gpa up there and then transfer somewhere else if anything.

figure that out first (what you want to do). go to a jr./community college during that time. get all or most of your general ed. shit knocked out and research different career paths. keep in mind the economy is shit, so use that when thinking about what you want to pursue.

keep in mind, the world is always going to need electricians, steamfitters, carpenters, plumbers, various technicians in the medical field, nurses, etc... regardless of the economy, i'd say the medical field is a good place to be one way or another, especially if you have a skill and are of value, like a nurse or an x-ray tech, etc...

I'm a huge slacker. My GPA at the moment is shameful but I've already seen that if I work even moderately hard, it can shoot up. For me it's just keeping that groove.

My GPA in HS was abysmal. I slacked off for a few years after HS, then got my act together and went back to CC. It was ridiculously easy; basically I just showed up to class, put a little effort into it, handed in papers on time and I ended up with a 3.7 or something... this got the attention of the universities I was applying to, most of them offered me money. Had I applied to these schools straight out of HS they would have laughed at my application.

Still have another year left. Can't wait to be finally done.

....only really rich people went to 4 year colleges.

Or stupid ones...oh yeah, hahaha.

If you have any proclivity to screw around/party, DO NOT go to a 4 year school straight out of high school. You can goof off locally with all your friends and still get some work done at the JC with a ton less pressure. If your folks aren't down with that, move out. It's gonna have to happen some time.

Otherwise, you might as well just send me the 10 grand you'll waste your first semester at Kegstand U figuring out which end of the beer bong does what.

• Like 1

Shai's got it on lock

Community college for two years and a university if you're gonna go for four. Thats what I'm doing and so far its working out well. Girls, parties, friends, no homework. Gov pays for all my stuff schooling tho and then I end up with about a thousand dollars left over for whatever I want/need.

And those four things I listed above are probably gonna be your biggest influence on where your gonna go to school and how you'll be doing there. If your not a morning person try to get your classes a little later in the day. Hate my 8 o'clock class and I've misses it a few times from partying the night before. So make sure your not drinking unless you can afford to miss that class.

See if you college has an attendance policy... That could be your downfall

How poor is your family/ how much financial aid can you get?

I am not paying for college right now. I have a couple of thousand bucks in loans...that's it.

I'm like lower middle class I guess and my mom and dad are divorced and I have three brothers. They give me more money than the actual tuition bill and I get e check each semester for however much they go over by. Also you can get scholarships for basically anything. There are a ton of them just looking to be taken advantage of.