San Francisco heads

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ink said. I don't know what exactly you're after, but if you get a cab and tell them to take you to Lower Haight or 16th and Valencia, you'll probably do all right as far as bars go.

Or see if someone here would be willing to show you around. I'm not available at the moment, but I'm sure someone won't mind going out and getting a drink.

Molotov's and Toronado are good bars, along with the Mad Dog in the Fog. All on the same block (Haight between Fillmore and Steiner).

Noc Noc is interesting (dark/Gothic/weird design) but probably not what you're after. There's an Irish pub a block or two up Haight (towards the hill, before Divisadero) but I can't remember the name of it.

Oh yeah, there's a bunch of spots on Divisadero (first main cross street west of Fillmore) too. Madrone is cool, it's at the corner of Fell and Divis. A few doors up Divis and across the street is Waizema, it's an Ethiopian restaurant with a bar and DJs.

And for some reason, every time I'm in SF with more than three people from 12 oz we always seem to end up at the Edinburgh Castle (on Geary between Larkin and Polk). Fun place, usually crowded though.

It's really not that hard to find a decent place to get drunk in SF.

And for some reason, every time I'm in SF with more than three people from 12 oz we always seem to end up at the Edinburgh Castle (on Geary between Larkin and Polk). Fun place, usually crowded though.

It's really not that hard to find a decent place to get drunk in SF.

hahaha... at any given time it seems like half the people in this bar are writers. the other half are typically rich art school kids. overall, great spot for fairly cheap dranks. smoking room up front...

tons of great spots up and down geary. don't forget the ha-ra and whiskey thieves just a few blocks away.

When IOU was in town last spring I think we went to Whiskey Thieves. It was all right. I haven't been to the Ha-Ra in years.

The Edinburgh is always a good bet...I've never been in there and seen it less than half full, and it's always busy on weekends.