underground comics

Ice Nerves

School me on some good ones, preferably older shit (70's, 80's). I know Fantagraphics does tons of cool collection books, I just haven't been able to tackle their massive inventory to figure out what's dope and what's not. I'm trying to get creative again, so any recommendations are cool, thanks in advance dudes.

cheech_01.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to bed but that adam williams thing is insane! it reminds me of jason D'aquino's illustration work, super detailed for such a small space...

It's really hard to watch Adam draw. It just makes no sense. He doesn't do layout...he just puts everything where it's supposed to be and it's all in perspective and shaded correctly. Once in a while he'll use pencil but it's rare.

He gets on my case a lot for not doing my art. (It's not comic art, BTW. Not even close.) It's like, I have to fucking WORK and sweat and cuss and cry to do stuff I'm okay with just putting my name on, yet he's all about it and tells me I'm stupid for not pursuing it. I don't get it.

That's where the inspiration comes in.