jungle/drumb 'n bass = a new form of hip hop music?

cool ra-ul

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

all music that has come out of america is black music...jazz is derived from the blues and field hollers, which are both improvised and both derived from the tribal music of africa...it's crazy but if you check out some jazz you always hear the drummer playing a ride pattern (ding dingaling dingaling)...i was checking out a music of africa cd, and the beat/drumming had a ride patern in it very very similar to the ride pattern heard in jazz...i listen to a lot of jazz and also check out drumnbass and what not...a lot of times what a jazz drummer is playing would fit right in with a jungle/dnb beat...(if anyone has checked out Yesterdays New Quintet there's a track where they sample max roach playing drums, that's kinda what i'm getting at)...anyway, that's just the way i'm hearing things

*this is kind of what i was getting at.gospel is black music,jazz is black music, rock started as black music,reggae is black music,hiphop started as black music...........NATO.....There was and still is a ragga elements as well as early detroit techno, jazz and kraftwerkian electronica.......my freind ragga is a part of the reggae culture(black music),techno and electronica are from black music...africa bambatta...mantronix..and some other cats......and drum role please jazz is black music.all these combining elements ar4e black music.heres somethiong to think about also did rap music not exist before the sugarhill gang put out rappers delight.

*hiphop is not the begining of drum and bass and jungle(yes they are diffrent)but it did ge exposure before so it is firsst in the timeline but not the linage of the developement. the paralel is that 2 similar forms of music came from 2 seperate groups of people of color making something out of what little they had.

*why do people always have a problem to say something is black music?who cares? If it was white,latino, or asian music.you would still bite it,claim it, and show it off to make you feel cooler and authenticated.

my last comment is not dirrected at anyone in general but if it hurts your feellings then you are probally who i am speaking to.

Guest got tha feva
Originally posted by kaesthebluntedwonder

got the feva, i went to a bluegrass show over the summer in a small small town in new hampshire, and i liked it...i dont see how you can judge me just by the opinion i expressed...isnt that bein narrowminded too? wanna start a cat fight? papaer or plastic? would you like fries with that?

haha, nah, sorry I implied you were narrowminded. It's just I'm sure there's music out there that isn't black that comes from America... not only white's but all the ethnicites of america. What about new wave? Was that all started by black people? What about bands like sting? You can call him rock or whatever, but he also uses a sitar in at least one of his albums. I have no problem saying that blacks are responsible for the start of many genre's of music in America, but not ALL of it. And lets just say that they were responsible for the roots of all music (which they aren't, but just saying) still they may create an idea then someone who's not black runs with it and takes it somewhere totally different. Even if it's still the same instruments, they might add something new, or do something different and create something that the originators would never have thought of. You get the point. No disrespect though, we're all entitled to our opinions.

PruDE

yeh, i coulda phrased that a little different too though because i do agree with a lor of what you have to say, but i think my original point was refering to who started it like centuries ago. so i could even prove myself wrong because the native americans were here before the whites took over started bringing slaves over, and they def had their music...same with ancient china and africa and the natives of south america. but i think you are thinking more recent in which case styles ricochet and get created and morphed by a whole different type of people...so, i don't know what the hell i'm saying

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I sense a comment by Boogie hands coming soon...

current drum and bass has more to do with farting in a boombox than hip hop.....theres still people who think they can take things back to jump up but it sounds like shit, its not the same....even congo natty is shit now.....hip hop loops, vocal samples, ragga.....all done over 8 years ago, shits tired, its cool to hear an old shool set by a dj who deserves to play an old school set but thats as far as it goes. do your boy a favor and tell him to can it, any dj running up in a club trying to play this new school jump up trash mixed in with some hip hop is going to get clowned.....the clowning started in 97, hes 5 years late

Originally posted by cool ra-ul

ok i hve a question. howmany of you have listened to jungle/ drum'n bass? do you like it? can u understand it? ever heard of diselboy/ak1200/dj junk etc? fyi its the good music played at underground warehouse shindigs (raves) it has deeper darker beats and streaming baselines. the reason i ask this is my friend is spinning at a new hip hop club and wanted to know if jungle could hang with hip hop.

what do you think?

it depends on the club i belive that hip-hop really diverse i wouldnt mind hearin other shit like drum n bass... jazz........whatever

Archived