Love/Hate Christmas

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love: Heading home and catching up with all the mates I haven't seen for months and months. Good food. Excuse to get maggot in front of the family and say the same dumb shit you all say every year.

Hate. 40+ degree days. Internet shopping for presents because they took my fucking licence. Working Christmas eve and boxing day.

Also, I fucking HATE Christmas decorations.

Haha, I see the culprit in that photo...the square green bottle in the foreground tells all.

I did the same exact thing the day after Xmas in 2007...gave myself a roaring hangover for my birthday (the following day). Oops. Not the present I wanted at all.

Hate- Suicide calls increase during this time of the

year at my job...I like that potential um suicidees (?)

call someone for help instead of ya know

offing themselves...but those are really hard phone

conversations to be a part of/make me nervous.

to whoever was talkin about how this wasn't important, or anything... her job (not specifically, but others like it, as much as i know) has saved a few lives of kids i know. i have lots of respect for those who choose to do this. it's serious business. thanks b... from me.

Over the summer I talked with Banana Fish about her job in person at length, and it makes all of the good deeds and outreach I've done over the years look pretty insignificant.

She's mentioned what she does here before but out of respect I'm not going to say anything except that it goes way beyond suicide prevention.

Love; Not celebrating and enjoying a day off (considering I work in the restaurant industry)

Hate: Hate peoples fake atitudes...hate peoples fake happiness...I just hate dealing with people thing that its the new season and happy greetings and that its the season to be generous but really....everyone is overly greedy and coveting. No worries its all good. Im used to it.

Hate: Hate peoples fake atitudes...hate peoples fake happiness...I just hate dealing with people thing that its the new season and happy greetings and that its the season to be generous but really....everyone is overly greedy and coveting. No worries its all good. Im used to it.

I tune it all out because I know a lot of it is forced and people are really stressed out and depressed...it just seems desperate to me. It's kind of necessary if you want to have a fighting chance at sanity...that doesn't mean I'm completely unavailable if someone needed me to listen to them, but I try to stay somewhat detached from the holiday spirit.

It's just like any other time of the year for me, except it's cold and everything is on sale.

Love:buying gifts for people, going to the neighborhood where everyone tries to out-do each other with lights and decorations, bonfires and whiskey

Hate: getting gifts that don't fit my personality or needs, getting too into buying gifts and ending up broke, Christmas music, having to deal with my sister-in-law's family that are all a bunch of weirdos and even after 10 years it's still a strain to talk to them

Love - seeing how excited my son gets, reminds me of what it was like when I was a kid

eating so much food I can't move

Days off work

Phil Spector's Christmas Album

Being able to drink from the moment I wake up and not copping any flack for it

Hate - Queues in shops

People hating on Christmas, if you don't like it why bring everyone else down!!

• Like 1

Phil Spector's Christmas Album

THis.

Love: Giving people presents that I know they are really going to enjoy and hearing them say "oh for fucks sake how did you know I wanted that, amazing well done". And I am all like MERRY CHRISTMAS NIGGA.

Hate: Christmas cake and raisins.

Love:

--hiking in the northeast's cold-as-fuck weather, esp. in the morning

--fires and scotch

--mom's pizzelle cookies

--Vince Guraldi's "Xmas Time is Here" (inst. version only)

--yule log

--having work to do and ignoring it

Hate:

--my sister's new churchy husband

--family bullshit

--shopping + crowds

--having work to do and ignoring it

• Like 2

love: when christmas tree vendors set up on sidewalks at night and the city is suddenly full of forests, my mama's christmas cookies, my little sister waking me up on christmas morning to open our stockings and then eating blueberry pancakes and opening our presents in our pajamas all together, my gram's nutcracker collection, the festive accessories my mother buys her corgi.

hate: crowds, the stress of travel.

thats the "crackpad" complete with unzipped sleepingbag for a blanket. I just moved in...nofurnitureyetoner. and thats exactly how I was. no staging or anything.

no need to feel like you're the only one living like this becuase me and my brother have lived in a new apartment and he sleeps on a blow-up bed and me on a broken futon for the past 4 months. just to lazy to move furniture in.

Chinese takeout on Christmas? Seriously?

Yeah, that's the tradition at my parent's house. When I was younger, it was breakfast, gifts, a big huge lunch with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, etc. Then people started dying and the family kind of swayed in numerous directions. So eventually it was just my brother and his wife and kids, my parents, and myself. So my mother makes a huge brunch spread buffet style, we open gifts, we have pie, then around 6pm we order Chinese food so she doesn't have to cook.

Works out well for me. I love Chinese food and brunch.

xmas10.jpg

Wait --this was Christmas Day? I'm assuming you have that box over your crotch because your shit was fully exposed? If so, the fact that you blacked out with Jim and the Twins rocking out, with the windows fully exposed, on Christmas Day is great. I hope you have lots of neighbors who's windows are in clear view of your room, and they have lots of small children.

Please tell me that's the case? If so, your roommates should have put x-mas lights around the windows, turned off the overhead light, put a small spotlight on your dick, and left you there over night.

Does this need a no/homo?

That actually sounds like a really good idea earl. I don't think I really get a full meal for dinner its a lot of snacking going back and forth between relatives and friends houses

*EDIT- That was for the whole chinese take out thing.

/nohomo

Hahahaha.

Love: Waking up to the smell of a mound of bacon/eggs/cinnamon rolls. The stocking gifts are always the best. Lounging around in my underwear and the only reason this is different than any other day is, I'm not bitched at.

Hate: This is the one day out of the year I withdraw any hatred and that's my gift for the familia.

love- the christmas spirit, being with the family I'm lucky to have, the christmas tree, trying to stay awake through all of "It's a Wonderful Life" before passing out christmas eve, and seeing friends who are lucky enough to make it home for the holidays (i.e. west coasters, those in the armed services), feeding anyone who comes near our house.

hate- that it's my birthday. Well, it's kinda cool, but I don't enjoy it because I don't like a house full of people paying attention to me instead of just partying and relaxing, like people who traveled so far for the holiday.

I'm a no fanfare type of person when it comes to my b-day, but i fucking love Christmas.

--babyjesusreincarnatedoner