Ghetto Tours

IOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They have some shit like that here called the "Nash-trash" tour bus, where they take the bus through all the fucked up white trash parts of town. They don't take them to the hood, but I can relate because every time I use to see that bus full of tourists gawking at moderate urban squalor I wanted to firebomb that shit

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that its a stunt to raise awareness about the neighbourhoods and whatnot. it sounds really stupid, and for anybody that resembles a "community activist" to be behind it doesn't quite jive.

It's just a plain old bad fucking idea. I'm sure these "entrepreneurs" probably went and pitched this in the hood, and the thugs said "Sure, bring 'em in! We won't let anything happen to them."

I see activists trying to get shit going around here all the time, but it's definitely more...I don't know, well-intentioned? It's mostly college kids doing after-school programs and outreach...one thing I'm going to be working with at some point is walking kids home from the grade school around the corner. There's some programs that seem kind of out of touch but at least someone's doing something positive.

However, if they were out here doing some damn fool thing like trying to get a minstrel Christmas show together for the Chamber of Commerce, that wouldn't work. People may somewhat beat down these days but they still have their pride.

Get back to me after these guys take their first trip through the PJs. I don't think it's going to turn out so well.

yup we got them in Rio too..

"Favela Tours"..and all except one company is own by people who

live "outside" the comunity.

Hey if the guy live there and the comunity is ok...People who are ignorant to

poor comunities sometimes need to SEE it to believe it.

When tourists come to my favela, I want them to see how CURRUPT and

prejudice the brazilian goverment is again poor people.