00's Decade Appreciation Thread

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Thizzelle Washington

mac_dre-1.jpg

shit went buck after dre rip'd. weird how that worked.

howto_hyphy.jpg

man this shit was enjoyable:

chappeleRickJamesDirtyUpCouch.gif

to me, this was biggest development since napster. especially with all the private enjoyables (oink, what, waffles):

utorrent4.png

first major paper to go (others will follow):

seattle-post-intelligencer-newspaper.jpg

90s is still the best decade. fuck the rest

• Like 1

Yeah I just bought the brother the entire 1 to 8 season of Scrubs in a boxset. That shit wasn't possible back in the 90s, but if you want my opinion, I still think that from the limited knowledge I have of it, the 80s were the best decade.

If you look at this decade, the best thing about it is definitely the technology, but that is also the worst. As I said in some old thread, I remember the days before mobile phones and the internet, where your knowledge of the world (and the people you met) only extended as far as you could travel. It wasn't like today where you can log on a (moderately) innocent site like 12oz and see some tard from Cockfuckistan shoving a bottle up his ass and then it breaks (thanks to whoever posted this image like 20 times in some unrelated thread, it still haunts me to this day), that shit would just be some urban myth that was usually made up by some sick bastard in a stoned haze (back in the day).

In all I miss the days of being uncontactable, and I love the fact that my phone doesn't ring that much anymore (as I would rarely answer it anyway), and take pride in the fact that I spend alot of time keeping to myself just chilling, not giving a fuck, while not being bothered by a constantly ringing mobile. I blame this mobile phone bullshit for the downfall of many relationships in this day and age, the past 2 women I have had around have had this obsession with their phones and me being me, I just don't tolerate that shit as it goes against my 'live in the moment' philosophy, to which I was enlightened to when I was travelling and I was without a phone for weeks (due to leaving the charger at home and not being bothered to buy an O/S one). Even meeting people on holiday who couldn't go 5 mins without checking their Blackberry made me just want to slap the taste off of their teeth, as you are on fucking holiday living the dream! FUCK!

Anyway that was a slightly off topic rant, but it has some relevance I guess, in that this world has changed so much from the one I grew up as a kid in.

well hip hop kinda sucks now i find myself going back in time for better music

facebook is very intrusive to peoples lives i find myself using it only to keep in contact with certain people

people glued to their iphones & blackberrys also pisses me off

im over the obama thing .. shit still sucks

and worst of all

lost / losing / watching them getting stupider by the day and going no where with their lives... my freinds eating prescription drugs like candy

on a better note

weed seems like its more accepted now...i dont abuse it .. i actually do use it for medicinal purposes hopefully they just make it legal like beer

• 3 weeks later...
BTTF-Hover.jpg

but really it's practically 2010 and we still don't have this shit?

Funny thing is I remember when BTTF2 was first released on video, I went to the video shop where they had arcade games and in some making-of featurette they said that these are an actual concept toy that is real, however Mattel refused to release them as they are too dangerous and hard to use. But a quick search of wikipedia and this is what I got.

"

Director Robert Zemeckis, annoyed by answering recurring questions about the hoverboard special effects, started the false rumors that working hoverboards existed, claiming during an interview that hoverboards were real and not a special effect. He further said that that the technology really existed but parent groups would not allow toy manufacturers to produce and market them[1]. This idea was later supported by bogus "test footage" of a hoverboard in action (which simply used the same special effects used in the movies) that aired in a "Making Of Back To The Future 2" television special.

The original prop Hoverboard was on display at the Planet Hollywood in Crofton until August 2009, when it was auctioned to Paula Poundstone[citation needed]."

And here I was thinking it was real :(