$ingapore

Bumboclot.

So I'm leaving to Singapore in a few weeks and will be there for a couple months.

I've been reading up on it a bit but haven't talked to too many people that have been there / lived there.

Any of you guys visited there, had friends that have visited?

Any advice or suggestions for things to check out - restaurants, bars, museums, whatever..

Or more importantly, advice on what to stay the fuck away from?

Oh and I'll definitely be putting up some pictures once I get there.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was there about a month ago, its really nice, everywhere is really clean, and the changi airport (not sure if its the only one) has loads of free sweets everywhere. all i heard was stay the fuck away from the police, cause they will fuck you over.

also, i went down the "clarke quay" a couple times and there was loads of real nice restaurants and bar's and that, i strongly recommend it.

also, to buy electrical goods, which are completely kosher, look for directions to the "Sim Lim Centre" (a taxi driver will take you there for cheap). the shit is off the hook cheap, i got a 1tb usb harddrive for $120. seriously, its so so cheap in that building, there is 6 floors and the higher up you go, the cheaper it gets.

• Like 1

Singapore has always been one of my favorite places to visit. Cleanest place in SEA has a great public transport system (MRT, bus and taxi) and is just a really fun city to skate/chill/party in.

If your want to paint there is a free wall around the skatepark in Youthpark (close to Orchard). If you want paint you got to find Pylox or RJ brands, male cans.

Depending on your budget or if you don't already have accommodations planned, I suggest staying at the New 7th Story Hotel.

http://www.nsshotel.com/

If you are planning to hit the club scene I suggest Zouk.

http://www.zoukclub.com/

Ok lah, now you ready to practice your Singlish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singlish

edit...also co-sign Boat, Clarke Quey and buying electronics.

Also, cheap eats is a plate of chicken rice in the many food courts...amazing mixed up Chinese, Malay and Indian foods there.

The drugs are good there but not worth it...stay away from anything illegal and enjoy your stay.

Surprisingly, prostitution is also legal!

Pylox and RJ huh? What are those comparable to here?

And I'm definitely going to have to check out that Sim Lim Centre.

As for the whole weed thing, I heard its pretty hard to get out there and incredibly illegal. Something like the death penalty for possession of around a pound (not that I'd be trying to grab a pound while out there, just saying).

Everything depends on who you know and what you're willing to risk. They have delivery services and shit but the price and risk is def not right.

RJ and Pylox are comparable to the shittiest paint in the world if you are not used to them.

Also, beer is too expensive there.

*edit...Swamp soundin scruured, just don't get caught

i was only there for a couple of hours after a missed flight connection and the airline put us up in a newly built hotel that had not been opened yet. i did drink all the tigers in the fridge though at 6 in the morning. I remember it being really fucking hot to at 6 in the morning. The trip from the airport to the hotel was like a short drive stuck on a loop, the lego land highrise housing seemed to go on for miles, all looking identical, it seemed like a sterile ghetto that would go on forever....

i was jus there not too long ago.

i love that city.

eat as much as you can, the 24 hour food stalls/hawkers are awesome.

shopping is a must..malls everywhere.

get a tattoo there, tons of shops.. far east plaza has a couple in there.

eat hainanese chicken.

go to santosa island.

go to clarke quey..its like an entertainment plaza w/ lots of restaurants and bars.

public transit makes it really easy to get around.

go to little india's open markets.. shits wild

chinatown is pretty dope.

go on the flyer (world's tallest ferris wheel)

wear loose fitting clothes. it's hot.

the water is clean there.. u can drink from the faucets safely if you dare.

as anthony bourdain stated, singapore is "food heaven." trust that, the food is off the hook.

orchard street is the main shopping area.

don't throw your butts on the ground, don't spit, don't chew gum, and witness rice rockets galore.

i can go on and on, if you wanna know more hit me on the PM.

Co-sign what sarcasm said.

Drink these to stay hydrated...

IMG_0982.jpg

Also, are you going for school, work or just an extended vacation? If your going for school or work you will easily meet plenty of people who will show you around.

For some people a few months in Singapore might be a few months too many. So remember Malaysia and Indonesia are just next door.

Also, are you going for school, work or just an extended vacation? If your going for school or work you will easily meet plenty of people who will show you around.

For some people a few months in Singapore might be a few months too many. So remember Malaysia and Indonesia are just next door.

I'll be there for school. And yea I'm definitely trying to check out Malaysia and Indonesia while I'm there, how cheap/easy is it to get to each?