the future.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is that so?? you can run any standard vehicle on home made ethanol with simple, cheap conversions.. O_O

but agreed, all forms of cannabis should be legal soon, and hemp should be grown by designated land areas (independent farmers) or we will have no value at all... in fact we will actually be worth something once this comes true..

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Humans will never be able to travel at the speed of light so we will eventually mount up to a bunch of corpses fertilizing the dead earth.

We are confined to the milky way galaxy, so we will probably never have the opportunity to find any source of alien life forms.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take 50,000 years to reach the end of our own galaxy

dead the fuck on.we are destined to fail as a species.

Humans will never be able to travel at the speed of light so we will eventually mount up to a bunch of corpses fertilizing the dead earth.

We are confined to the milky way galaxy, so we will probably never have the opportunity to find any source of alien life forms.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take 50,000 years to reach the end of our own galaxy

That's what warp speed is for.

picard.gif

I can't fathom the future on any scale. Lately I've really.. I mean really just started to understand that I'm gonna die. First time I'm ever feared dying.

Strange.

When my friend Raymond was dying of cancer I was talking to him about death. I asked

if he was afraid, he told me he was because he had been such an asshole in life.

He beat a couple of his wives, one of his daughters, etc.

When he started to die he changed. He couldn't be such an asshole and started to think

about a lot of things he had done and regret doing the bad things.

I told him this: "Death is like changing pants. It's easy. Life is the hard part." Dying isn't

such a big deal. It's part of life. Don't sweat it even when it's your time. Go with it.

As for the future:

I see quantum computers changing the way we live in big ways. I see cloud computing as the next big thing. We will have terminals and all of our stuff will be stored on "the net".

I see things like the "iPad" being used in everyday life. (iPad is a large screen iPod Touch). Will be out in the next couple of years.

I see cell phones taking on larger rolls. Faster processors (faster than the most powerful desktops we have today), very small 1 Terabyte and up storage devices on them, video processing done by the chip, etc.

I see paper thin large screen televisions on our walls. Our home automation networks will control media throughout the house. Probably not voice controlled for a bit, but technology for that is advancing (they have problems with "understanding" accents and multiple voices at the moment).

etc.

Really once we get nano technology down, and i mean really DOWN, then that unlocks pretty much everything.

Computers that process things with light instead of electricity is the basic foundation we need to reach first, once they have that we will be able to figure out how to do all kinds of shit. invisibility, probably space travel, force fields, super efficient reactors. the list goes on.

Once we develop computers that work on an atomic/quantum level its a wrap. Once that breakthrough comes we will be seeing ALL kinds of fucking crazy shit.

I was just reading this book physics of the impossible, that talks about all this shit. We can already make something invisible to microwaves, as well as infra red, and we can even make something partially invisble to red light. The only reason it cant be done with all spectrums of light is because we dont have the nano technology yet. But we will.