FSC...

PentiumOrange

If you are one of the many states that have now introduced the "fire safety" cigarette I feel your pain. For all you smokers out there, I want to hear your opinions of this issue (which are mostly going to be negative, lol) I think it's fucking absolute bullshit, I was just outside in the cold ass 28 degree winter and my fucking camel is going out every 45 fucking seconds.

So I might add: FUCK FIRE SAFETY CIGARETTES!!

http://www.firesafecigarettes.org/

FSC_2map_img.gif

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The only time my smokes go out is when i forget about them for an extended period of time. Or once in a blue moon the fire safety paper just puts it out for no reason, and i relight it. If they're preventing fires, then i don't mind having to light 1 out of every 500+ cigarettes a second time. Learn how to pack your cigarettes and find something better to complain about.

Well then I believe your just getting lucky. I know how to pack cigarettes, i'm not that dumb.

I'd rather complain about this then how cold it is outside, so if your Al Gore I apologize.

Edit: I also believe it's a ploy to sell more lighters, if you think about it you'd rather just re-light the cig. Say goodbye to your lighter fluid.

• Like 1

waaaah, i have to relight my cigarette because people want to save lives. what faggots.

Clearly something is not getting through. So your saying adding more chemicals to cigarettes is going to save people's lives. Maybe if people would of stopped falling asleep with there fucking cigarettes hanging out of there mouth we wouldn't have this problem. I have a feeling your opinion is just a bit hypocritical. Let me cry some more.

Yo what?

I've been a pack a day smoker for the passed 10+ years-

and I didn't even know this shit had been passed and made effective in my state?

WTF?

How exactly does this work?

Is it chemicals, or a different paper, or what?

My brand claims to be additive free (winston) so I'm definitely curious...

"The fire safe cigarette chemical, ethylene vinyl acetate has been added to all cigarettes in packs that have the FSC lettering on the side or bottom of the pack. Ethylene vinyl acetate is added in rings to the cigarette paper. When the smoker is not inhaling and the lit part of the cigarette gets to the chemical ring, it will self extinguish. The purpose being that it will reduce the amount of fires created by lit cigarettes that are left unattended."

Yeah, i've heard about those. A lot of smoke shops downtown sell them, they come in what look likes a regular pack. 60$ and then you have to buy replacement cartridges. I probably would invest in one if I was trying to quit.

No, those suck. You want a DSE. The Luci's and other brands in tobacco shops suck.

You can buy replacement carts for these or buy liquid that you drip a few drips into the

cartridge on your cig and you're good to go.

About $10 for a vial of "e liquid". The DSE comes with 5 pre filled cartridges that you can re use by dripping liquid onto the cotton inside. It's $50 for two DSE 801's, a charger, and the five cartridges.

A great deal.

If you want one, I've got a coupon code for 10% off from my last purchase of e liquid.

One more thing: they aren't for people trying to quit. You can get strong, medium, and light liquid.

To be honest, i'm more concerned about the lowering of nicotine in all cigarettes than i am about one more chemical. People who are overly concerned with chemicals in their body probably shouldn't be smoking anyways. Sometimes i think i can taste a difference though since they added the FSC, but it could just be my mind trying to trick me into not enjoying cigarettes.

To be honest, i'm more concerned about the lowering of nicotine in all cigarettes than i am about one more chemical. People who are overly concerned with chemicals in their body probably shouldn't be smoking anyways. Sometimes i think i can taste a difference though since they added the FSC, but it could just be my mind trying to trick me into not enjoying cigarettes.

True ture. But glue sticks? Seriously. Fuck, I don't even want the laundry list of what else is in there.

Casek, I like how they have coffee flavored one. It's like killing two birds with one stone.

I hear that one sucks. The vanilla is the last one I tried and it was ok. I personally prefer the non flavored, though.

My buddy got some cappuccino flavored stuff and said it tasted like shit. Since you're a camel smoker, they have some that mimics the flavor. No idea if it's good or not.

I thought they just packed the tobacco a little more at the stages. I might have to go back to american spirit rolling tobacco, which always goes out anyway because of the lack of chemicals.

Ain't no harm in rolling your own. Saves you a lot of money. But I wonder if the papers they make for rolling have the same chemical in them. I would hope now.

P.S. Bali Shag is the shit for hand rolling, so is american spirit.

I hear that one sucks. The vanilla is the last one I tried and it was ok. I personally prefer the non flavored, though.

My buddy got some cappuccino flavored stuff and said it tasted like shit. Since you're a camel smoker, they have some that mimics the flavor. No idea if it's good or not.

Yeah, i'll probably end up buying that. It would be cool to feed my nicotine addiction in a "non-smoking" environment.

I'll smoke a rollie every once in awhile, but they definitely don't give the same satisfaction that a normal cigarette does. Usually after i smoke a cigarette i rolled, i still want a regular smoke. I've been meaning to check out those electronic cigarettes, but i have a feeling it'll be the same type of situation where it doesn't satisfy that desire to smoke even though i'm getting the nicotine.