Flight attendant takes picture of obese passenger; complains to boss

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously hate airplanes, they suck so bad. I had always gone to VA in a car my whole life (bout 10 hours or so), but when I was like 15 my mom convinced me to fly there with her. It fucking sucked so bad that I blew off the return flight and drove home with my brother

Unfortunately I also can't handle being in a car much longer than 12 hours, so alot of places you're forced to fly. Nevermind the whole ocean aspect, that also kind of limits driving options

I seriously hate airplanes, they suck so bad. I had always gone to VA in a car my whole life (bout 10 hours or so), but when I was like 15 my mom convinced me to fly there with her. It fucking sucked so bad that I blew off the return flight and drove home with my brother

Unfortunately I also can't handle being in a car much longer than 12 hours, so alot of places you're forced to fly. Nevermind the whole ocean aspect, that also kind of limits driving options

John-Madden.jpg

incase anybody was wondering about the actual outcome:

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/notorious-passenger-of-size-was-given-a-full-row-to-himself.html

Notorious Passenger Of Size Was Given A Full Row To Himself

By Meg Marco on December 4, 2009 1:20 PM

A photo allegedly taken by a flight attendant that has been making its way around the internet has prompted an investigation of safety procedures by the FAA, says the New York Post.

NYP says:

Worried that the severely obese passenger would block the plane's aisle in an emergency, American cleared out the normal-sized guy in the adjacent seat by offering him a ticket on a later flight.

"The passenger in this case had a whole row to himself," said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown.

Ms. Brown went on to confirm that no safety rules were violated, and that the flight had taken off from San Francisco. American Airlines has offered no further statement about the incident and there's no word on whether or not a flight attendant did in fact take the photo and post it on the internet.

Should this man be able to fly on a plane? [NYP] (Thanks, Julie!)