this is your forum.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive been here forever. seen so many incarnations of this place. so many members (NH). met so many good people, argued with many others. all in all, for one reason or another, it was fun. lately though, shit has completely ceased to be entertaing for all but a select narcissistic few and those bored enough to continue feeding into them.

things cant always stay small and awesome, that's fine, but fact of the matter is that over the last year or so, things have just completely begun to disintegrate. you cant have a topic about anything without it turning into pointless arguing. generally it's not even arguing about a 'topic', but rather simply name calling for the sake of name calling. you could make a topic about mini horses, and somehow it would get twisted into unrelated yelling and immature nonsense. that's bad for 'business', it's bad for 'community', and it's just plain stupid. the median intelligence level of the board has dropped so low, that quality content is almost never posted anymore because quality posters dont want to wade through the sea of ignorance, or bother trying to start something that will inevitably turn into 70pt red fonts and name calling.

many of you might think its funny to watch the endless trainwreck, and i'll admit, some of the fall out is pretty amusing, but it's not funny enough to justify the sacrifice of the integrity of the board. those that have been here for a few years will remember a time when informative, interesting, entertaining stuff was posted on the regular. something we havent had in a long, long time. even the VIP section, which was designed as an 'ignorance free zone', became no better than channel zero. we tried to ignore it as long as we could, because to be perfectly honest, as 'moderators', most of us are well beyond giving two shits what some moron has to say, but in the end the board is suffering, and it's our responsibility to change that.

if you want to think its gestapo tactics to say ENOUGH ALREADY, and take measures for the good of the board, so be it. the internet is full of things to occupy your time, perhaps you should go in search of them. 12oz has always maintained a high level of quality, and lately that quality has completely dissolved here. we try to keep this area as unregulated as possible, but there will always be a limit, and unfortunately, there will always also be people who want to test those limits. ultimately, we have the final say, and we say that this should be a place for everyone to enjoy. if individuals think they're larger than the whole, then perhaps they should start their own forums where they can run them as they see fit.

while we set the 'rules', this is your forum and your site. you make the content, you bring the personalities, and you make it what you'd like it to be. hopefully we can all get back to making it something good.

Who would have guessed that today would be the day that seeking validated every complaint I had about Channel Zero that I've had for the past couple years? Not me.

I've wanted to walk away so many times, but after seven years, over a million words and more than a few of you telling me to stick it out when I wanted to give up, I've realized that this is the one place online that I can call home. I've made friends here and had lots of good times thanks to 12 oz, both online and in person and I'm proud to be a part of it.

As for the people who got butthurt when I spoke up about the drama and the nonsense, they completely missed the point. I don't want to feel like my time is wasted here, and I try to hold up my end of the bargain and not waste your time. I'm sorry if you caught feelings, but you might want to ask yourself why you're here if you don't give a shit and think I'm a loser for caring enough to be honest about my views on where 12 oz is headed.

I'm ready to step up and do whatever it takes to raise the bar. Count on it.

Two things:

Seeking is right, but what is there to really be done about it other than saying oh well?

I have had VIP on and off for quite some time and I still dont know how to get to the VIP section.

and all of these problems are a result of its popularity and growth, and just like everything else its going to become shittier the larger the pool of shitheads.

It's changed? No...it's biting. Simple enough. Nothing is original here anymore. It's 3rd hand, hand-me-downs.

Copies of copies, of cheap internet humor copies.

We used to have our own thing going here with original ideas and humor and ideas.

Wonk Saggin?

not that it means much but most everything image related i post here that may seem /b/ 4 chan or whatever the fuck it is i do myself in photoshop or image ready and i watermark that shit with a 12 or whatever pointing out it belongs to this site. i admit i forget watermarks on occasion and the gifs can come from a recycled youtube clip, but hey im tryin

/reppinmy12

and all of these problems are a result of its popularity and growth, and just like everything else its going to become shittier the larger the pool of shitheads.

Yeah, but there's a few people that got away with their shit for so long that they actually felt a sense of entitlement and an obligation to fuck with people. On the rare occasions when they were called out they had no good reason for acting like a dick besides something like "L0L WUT BUDD3I 3Y3 WAZ J00ST TR0LLAN DAT NI66AR FAGGI0 AL D3NT3 0VA D3R3." I've moderated a couple of forums, and people like that generally get cut inside of a week.

If people start getting checked for getting out of line I'd appreciate it. I don't think Raven wants to upgrade the forum for a bunch of 30 year old adolescents who want to get their retard on.

Hopefully this will make people take the reins and start being proactive about making this place better/more entertaining/less fucking crappy.

For the last year, I have spent maybe 30 minutes a day on here and go for days upon days without being compelled to reply to even one thread because it's all just so boring to me.

I can't be bothered to get riled up about some inane internet argument about pointless shit.

Most threads I don't even click on because I know it's going to be a waste of time and get tired of scrolling past retarded posts.

Most of us (myself included) can't complain about the way things have been because very few of us have actually took the time to make threads that aren't complete bullshit.

I don't make many threads because I get tired of the same 2-3 people that have nothing better to do than follow me around and harass me for no reason but to be a jerk.

Plus, I am sure people on here get tired of me talking about my life...and right now my life is good, but not super exciting and very monotonous and boring most days.

This new change in things has renewed my hope in this place in that it might actually pick up again and people will start being awesome and stop being bammer ass busters.

I'd hope so too. Every single thread deteriorated into the red walls of HAs, which were funny the first two times, but after that...it got VERY old. Then DAO started calling out spitfire every chance he got, which threw almost every thread that DAO touches ( a guy with 20,000 posts in 2 yr period ), and that spitfire even looks at into a fight that makes a kindergarten class on meth seem orderly.

i mean though. honestly. what do you expect out of people that talk tons of tough shit, but spend the majority of their day online? i wouldn't put too much stock into it. this place is going to just get better.

I'm glad that this shit is finally be addressed by a moderator.

i am going to do my best to help get shit back on track. We all should.

I've been coming to ch0 for about five years thru 3 names. Not as long as many of the people who've posted in here but still longer than a lot of people that post on here. Ch0 has been on a decline.

I hate to say it but I think the props have a lot to do with it.

I remember before they came back. It seems like since then members just post anything that they think someone will prop them for. Dumb pics/ random YouTube links/ putting someone on blast/ etc etc. Then you get people talking shit about people who don't have all the damn tic tacs. Who cares?? It seems TO ME, ch0 really started declining when the props came back.

Members should be respected by the quality of what they contribute not by how many green boxes they have under thier name.

The combination of props & tinychat was the one-two punch that sent this place to the shitter. It gave a completely open arena for little jackass kids (and sad older members who act like kids) to just jock each other for props pointlessly.

Also , I'm with the paladin- COS does nothing but troll this forum... Like absolutely nothing. He makes threads with fake titles almost daily specifically to troll, posts the same 5 pics as responses, them dilusoonally jocks himself repeatedly. I know he's reading this thinking he "won" by getting this rise out of people, because he can't comprehend that just making a post about him only equals mild annoyance, not some super huge emotional shift in my daily activities... But honestly I think the acceptance of just dumb ass annoying shit that violates every rule on hers plays a big part in the negative example he set. Dao at least kept it somewhat in line- sure he argued all the time, but he got trolled just as much as he argued back. I think quite a few people saw this coming and mentioned how moderator acceptance of hisactions on here would lead to a decline in channel 0- a year solid of his retarded douchebaggery and here youhave it

• Like 1

im going to say that tinychat realy doesnt have anyhting to do with 12 oz other than the peopel that go on there are from here. thats about it, no one throws props around on that site. also i havent been on tinychat much lately because DAO is always on there and beleive me seeing his red 70pt HAHA's is much more tolerable than hearing them.

i alo agree that COS is a huge troll but he did have his momments where he actually took part in the conversation. he took his trolling to far when he tried to derail the day in pies thread.

The few times I've been in tinychat I've seen plenty of prop begging

every begging for props thread got shut down, but you can't shut down "hey look at this thread I made about DAO because we all egged each other on, prop me before they lock it"

remember when we had 3 threads about DAO stemming from tinychat? That was all tinychat nobodies jocking each other for props.

But honestly I think the acceptance of just dumb ass annoying shit that violates every rule on hers plays a big part in the negative example he set. Dao at least kept it somewhat in line- sure he argued all the time, but he got trolled just as much as he argued back. I think quite a few people saw this coming and mentioned how moderator acceptance of hisactions on here would lead to a decline in channel 0- a year solid of his retarded douchebaggery and here youhave it

CO-SIGN

also, i have never got a prop or made a buddy from tinychat... then again i go on for 2-3days straight and fall back for like weeks then visit again and i totally missed the drama your speaking about above... its whatever, i dont think the "change" in ch0 has a single thing to do with tiny...

I actually meant the acceptance ofCOS actions by the mods over the past year was the problem, not DAO

honestly, I think with all the photoshops he lead to were hilarious, and he took them in stride. Then again, dude walked around with a target on his back all day, one he semi-put there himself, so I'm not really suprised and I don't think anyone else should be suprised about the permaban. Walk around like Goliath of the forum fighting with every newjack taking shots, eventually a mod is gonna take a shot and end it.