this is your forum.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Channel zero has gotten pretty lame recently, I do remember I lurked for about a year before joining at the start of 2008 and shit was way more funny back then, there were some goods reads too but it has just descended recently to complete arguing and bickering, some of it is funny sometimes but it does just make most threads pointless because they go into arguing by page 2.

I wouldn't want ch0 to be serious we have crossfire for that but some original humour and not just the same recycled pics/arguing. There are some great threads but they get lost in the rubbish too easily.

I agree with Casek, if everyone clicked the ads and generated more money for the site it would be able to be improved and made better and that would be better for everyone whether you pay for VIP or use the site for free.

Ch. 0 used to be awesome, I used to come here all the time, I bought VIP as soon as I could, and was always down to support 12oz.

I find it funny that the person complaining about how shitty 12oz is now, is one of the reasons it was shitty for a while. Though for the most part I agree with him. Now, all I do is check one or two threads in Metal Heads and bounce, I dont even log in, there is no point. But since this thread seems to be a good discussion, i might as well give my two cents.

What can you do to fix it?

-Ban problem people, even for annoying shit, like starting threads without searching

-Quit trying so hard to attract females to the site via "free vip if you are a girl or you get a girl to sign up" that shit is mad corny, the forty million dudes on here are just gonna ask for tits and scare the chicks away. And the ones who stay, you can probably already see their tits on another website.

-Maybe a new mix of moderators, or add more and keep the old ones.

-Maybe make teh VIP section worth while, how hard would it be to set up some kind of VIP meet up in New York, probably not very hard, you know who would show up, a lot of folks.

-In brickslayers and such, delete all the comments that arent pictures, i dont wanna read "bump that shit" "he's awesome" "msk is dope" every other post.

12oz has had some awesome ideas with really lackluster attempts and putting those ideas into motion.

Oh, and quit telling me to click fucking ads, I click them, I always have. People who support 12oz will click them regardless of if you tell them, people who dont, will never click them even if you ask them.

I think a new round of mods might be a good idea...

It seems for the most part that the longer people are mods on here, the less moderating they actually do. That's not the case 100% of the time, and I don't blame someone whose been a mod for 5 years moving on with their life, but you need something to fill the gap.

AND YO NIGGAS ASKIN EACHOTHER FOR PROPS? WHAT IS THIS PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY SHIT BRASI? LISTEN MAN , I TOLD NIGGAS IN THE "STOP BEING FUCKIN CORNY" THREAD TO STOP BEIN FUCKIN CORNY!! ALL THAT "CHAN" I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS A "CHAN" BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR ITS A BUNCH OF CORNY SUBURB WHITE NIGGAS DOING GAY SHIT AND POSTIN GAY FLICKS...WHY WOULD NIGGAS WANNA TURN 12OZ INTO THAT? FUCK ALL THAT.. MY NIGGAS, BEFORE YOU SUBMIT A POST READ THAT SHIT TO YASELF AND IF THE SHIT IS TOTALLY FUCKIN UNNECCESARY AND CORNY AND IRRELEVANT THEN CHECK YASELF B.

Seems to me that there are few mods doing what they are here to do, Harvey, Earl, !@#$%, Bojangles, and I'm sure a few others, and the rest just use their mod'ship to ban everyone who says weezy is gay and change thread tittles, ban folks they dont like, things like that. Throw in a buncha new mods raven.

One thing we could all do if we don't want to see the contests giving VIP to douches who don't pay: CLICK THE FUCKING ADS. It helps 12oz, you might see something you like and buy it, and it helps 12oz.

Do a click through, it takes a few minutes of your time that you're already wasting on 12oz

so it's no big deal.

^^This. The VIP accounts (even before the contests) weren't really keeping the lights on at 12oz. It is a great way to show support and be rewarded, and it does help, but it isn't a cash cow or anything. If more people would support the ads on the regular, it would benefit the site greater. Unfortunately this is a site full of people who think that's "selling out" or just don't give a fuck. There is no reason why 12oz should take money out of Raven's pocket, or his kids' mouths, so a bunch of kids (and sadly grown men) can troll and talk fucking shit to each other. Fuck that, if I were Raven I'd probably have pulled the fucking plug and let this ship sink with a bunch of passengers crying for help. But Raven backed this shit for a long time, it's grown too fucking big, and he needs the help of advertisers to make it work. It isn't a sign of desperation or "selling out", it's just a solid way to keep this place around for all the people who HAVE supported it and still do. Plus, he's paid plenty of dues on this shit. If you don't agree he needs kick back to make it grow, you're a selfish fool.

I think someone said "I want a 12oz t-shirt." Your dreams could come true, but we need the site to support it's self before it can support that. So once again, supporting the advertisers is the best way to do that. Hell, we're lucky to have people advertising on this site, supporting us, when we have so many people who want to bitch and moan about it. Do you know how many fucking emails 12oz gets from you twats saying "FUCK YOU FAGS" or "you guys are fucking sell outs, fuck you and your ads." Well fuck you and your ignorant bullshit. You pay the bills fool. If you can't notice the need for that shit, than you're probably beyond the point of lead paint eating mouth breather, go fuck yourself. Fuck all that "I keeps it real nigga" bullshit. This is bigger than that and "keepsin' it real" ain't fucking paying the bills.

Oh and the funny fucking thing, most of the fools who email that shit, have lost post counts. So you're either a lurker, or a fucking pussy hiding behind a screen name so you don't lose all your props and other e-cred. Don't worry, we can check your IP. We see when you sour pussies start to drip in fits of lust over us "selling out." You're stupid. Go to bed. Sleep it over. Ya Dumbass.

if ive learned anything while here, it's that at the end of the day none of this really matters. it is indeed just the internet, and it's a way to blow off steam, relax, bullshit, etc. but at a certain point, things can get so disrupted that it's not even a fun place to do that, and i/we feel that that's what has happened.

please, cease with the arguing of the matter. move on get over it. if we're taking things 'too seriously' by trying to maintain a bit of control, then complaining about our actions is also taking things 'too seriously'. it's just the internet right? why you so mad?

You could have closed the thread on this point.

• Like 1

id buy a new 12oz magazine(or hardcover book)....bring it back, even an annual with the best flicks on the site...the internet is making americas youth intolerant to intelligence. theres a bunch of dumb shit on here sometimes but theres also probally a bunch of preteens on here too. its the internet..you get the absolute worst with a handeful of good. but its all humor and the scroll bar is easy to use.

BAKE SALE!

Members should be respected by the quality of what they contribute not by how many green boxes they have under thier name.

Exactly. There plenty of people with full tic tacs who deserve them and are generally cool on the board, but that still shouldn't mean anything. It's all bullshit.

If you really give a fuck about tic tacs and all that --you're one dumb twat. Go eat a bowl of fiberbran and shit your fucking brains out because they ain't helping!

but isnt that what the propping system is for?

you give prop based on the quality of that persons posts?

It is but shit's always been off center completely. It isn't a real way to gage shit. I've seen kids get tampons and they weren't even fucking up or being a dick.

And the whole "nega prop" crew is just as gay as holding dicks in a YMCA shower while signing show tunes. Sorry, I see how it can help with snitchers and what not, but shit got way too fucking out of control.