South African Thieves..

IOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Having how ever many foreign football/ soccer fans in an unfamiliar place will be a blessing for the predators there.

Crime in SA is on a level unknown to most ‘westerners’. An average South African can relate stories of either being the victim of or knowing someone else who has recently been the victim of violent crime.

For example: In 2007 my aunt was in the crossfire of a jewelry store heist in an upscale mall http://www.fourwaysmall.com/ in Jo’burg. 18 armed crooks fired 100s of rounds. It was later reported most of the perpetrators were police officers. Shortly before that she told this horrible story of being at her hairdressers. She causally asked the hairdresser “Howz it?” (a South African greeting) and the hairdresser said she is sad because her son was murdered last night.

Here is a property my family owns on Durban’s North Coast. It has been broken into 6 times in the last few years. When I was there in 2006 thieves climbed over the razor fence, over the balcony, removed several pains of glass from that window, climbed in and took aunt’s purse off her bed while she was sleeping. There was also 3 break-in/ murders a few 100 feet up the hill from there at the same time.

Picture548.jpg

They her keys too and tried to steal her car but couldn’t figure out how to open the security gate. Her and my cousins were locking in for several hours because all South African doors have a steel bar door which needs a key to unlock from both the inside and outside. They called the South African equivalent of 911 but no one answered for an hour or so. Here is that door.

Picture551.jpg

There isn’t many police. Most of them are crooks themselves. Most all South Africans and South African businesses hire their own private security. They will respond much faster than police in an emergency.

Picture628.jpg

Picture629.jpg

Here is another property on Durban North Coast my family owns. When I was there in 2002 the couple in tenancy was attacked. Several men killed the husband then raped the wife.

Picture653.jpg

It has since been remodeled (2007)

DSCN1338.jpg

• Like 1