too fat for jail?

compton red

Sex abuser 'too fat for prison'

A 66-year-old church elder convicted of indecently assaulting a child will not be sent to jail because his obesity means his health is "precarious".

John William McConaghy, from Urbal Road, Dervock, County Antrim, was found guilty of indecent assault.

Judge David Smyth at Antrim Crown Court suspended a two-and-a-half year term.

He said McConaghy's lack of mobility, ulcerated legs and need for frequent dressings (:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) amounted to "wholly exceptional circumstances".

The jail term was suspended for three years and a £10,000 fine was also imposed.

During a 10-day trial in October McConaghy's victim, who is now 44, said she was indecently assaulted from the age of around 10 until she was 18.

'Not happy'

She said that she was assaulted so often it became "the norm".

She said McConaghey's abuse "petered out" as she reached adulthood and struck back at him, scratching his face as she fought him off.

Speaking after the sentencing the woman said was "not happy" he was freed, but nevertheless understood the reason why.

"I am happy with the sentence he got, I think that was a fair sentence, but I am not happy with the suspension of it, but I understand the reason for it on medical grounds."

She added that she was glad she had pursued the case against him, "because everybody now knows, church elder or not, what he is".

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8393463.stm

_46849924_-4.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He said McConaghy's lack of mobility, ulcerated legs and need for frequent dressings (:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) amounted to "wholly exceptional circumstances".

So, you think that his ulcerated legs needing dressings is the LULZ? I don't have sympathy for the guy but I don't really think his fat gross legs are particularly funny.

i think it has more to do with the fact that a prison isnt equipped to facilitate someone in his condition.. i mean its a prison not a hospital. the infirmary isnt a good place to house someone in his condition. and more than likely they dont want to get sued over the fact that they arent well equipped enough to care for him if he dies or whatever...just sayin. more than likely they dont want him becuase it would just lead to them gettin sued by his fams or something.

just a thought. hope he burns tho.

oh so this is a legal issue based on human rights for a convicted sex offender who obviously doesn't give a shit about human rights in the first place. what a world we live in.

So, you think that his ulcerated legs needing dressings is the LULZ? I don't have sympathy for the guy but I don't really think his fat gross legs are particularly funny.

No, I just thought that part of the reason he is deemed too fat for priz is the "need for frequent dressings". basically he's so fat the guards have to dress him and they ain't down for that. That concept, my friend, is the lulz.

No, I just thought that part of the reason he is deemed too fat for priz is the "need for frequent dressings". basically he's so fat the guards have to dress him and they ain't down for that. That concept, my friend, is the lulz.

My point is that they're dressing his wounds. Of all the things to laugh at about the situation that one in perticular doesn't seem laugh out loud funny. eh, what do I know?