IM FINNA WRITE ABOUT SHIT...

DA KID MERO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain this who 'tipping' shit.

I'm gonna be in the states in about a week and i'll be fucked if im givin 10% extra to people simply doing their jobs, but I can tell i'm going to cop alot of abuse if i do that.

someone explain the etiquette to me, tipping in Australia is unheard of.

Please explain this who 'tipping' shit.

I'm gonna be in the states in about a week and i'll be fucked if im givin 10% extra to people simply doing their jobs, but I can tell i'm going to cop alot of abuse if i do that.

someone explain the etiquette to me, tipping in Australia is unheard of.

Look at the bill, and double the tax. That's about 15%, which is the average tip. Servers get paid minimum wage here...yes, it's lame, and I don't agree with it. I've dated several bartenders and waitresses, though, so it's ingrained in me to not go out for food and/or drinks if I can't tip.

You're going to be here in a week? Man, time flies.

yeah i'll be out your way around the 16th.

Hmmmmm...guess it's time to do some laundry.

so, hypothetically, what would happen if i didn't tip?

If you plan to go back for whatever reason (good food, cheap drinks, high ass on the waitress), then tip. 15% (double the tax) is fine.

Nothing will happen if you don't tip but if you're truly dead set against it, stick to take out and consider throwing the change in the jar once in a while.

From reading all this bullshit, i don't think any of you people ever worked at a restaurant, and are foreign, i.e. 5fingermiscount. Tip 18 to 20 percent for good service (really good, tip more). A GOOD rule of thumb is, for every 10 dollars you spend, two goes for tip.

Trust me, 15% tips for good service is just terrible, and you'll be pegged as a bad tipper anyway. Anything less, expect someone to follow you outside and have you explain what was wrong with the service . Also most servers make way less than minimum wage, way less.

ALSO, Servers don't keep all of those tips for themselves at all, they give percentages out to everyone working there basically. When you're at a restaurant, look around, see if there's a bartender/barista, a bus boy, a food runner, or anybody else. If they're doing their jobs well, and your server is TERRIBLE, tip anyways because those people get the short end of the stick if you don't. Also, a 15% tip is bad because when you get 15% tips all night and you did your job very well and courteously, and you end up giving 10% to this guy, 14% to this guy, 4% to this guys, you end up making nothing for busting your ass for people who don't understand tipping like FOREIGNERS and CHEAP BASTARDS.

if you're coming stateside, know this shit. foreigners have a terrible rep for tipping in the states, so help change that generalization. And all you people thinking 15% is cool, it's really not. You might wanna say "I'm not some rich blah blah blah, I can't tip 20%," you're a fuckface because if you have the money to be eating out, you have the money to tip. Sorry for the rant.

i love hearing people bitch about tips, then, on a good night, rant about how they love being a server....plain and simple, you know what the job is before you signed up, if you want a reliable hourly wage, dont wait tables, if you want to try to only work for a couple of hours and come up on a couple hundred dollars, then hey, go for it.....and chances are you service is not as great as you think it is

• Like 1

i love hearing people bitch about tips, then, on a good night, rant about how they love being a server....plain and simple, you know what the job is before you signed up, if you want a reliable hourly wage, dont wait tables, if you want to try to only work for a couple of hours and come up on a couple hundred dollars, then hey, go for it.....and chances are you service is not as great as you think it is

yeah, but understand in california servers get minimum PLUS whatever tips they take. so either way, they ain't starving. In philly, they pay bartenders and servers 2.83/HR, way under minimum, because they factor tips into the base wage. Meaning if you don't make tips, you don't eat. Not bitching, just saying.

I've only been serving a couple months, and even though the money is pretty good, I don't think it's worth it for all the shiteating. block captain, hook a dude up with a j o b!

^^^exactly. 3 dollars an hour in NY too. And trust me, people who complain about tips and then loving the job on a good night are either bad servers or actors/actresses with delusions of grandeur who will spend their whole life in that "profession" anyways.

all i was saying, as a foreigner you should tip, and as a decent human being, take into consideration the facts stated above.

My job is the shit, i love it when its busy or slow, tips or none, bc i work with reasonable people who are there for the team, and not to be a whiny pussy when shits not going well.

yeah, but understand in california servers get minimum PLUS whatever tips they take. so either way, they ain't starving. In philly, they pay bartenders and servers 2.83/HR, way under minimum, because they factor tips into the base wage. Meaning if you don't make tips, you don't eat. Not bitching, just saying.

I've only been serving a couple months, and even though the money is pretty good, I don't think it's worth it for all the shiteating. block captain, hook a dude up with a j o b!

Where are you serving? Applebees? Ive been serving for 7 going on 8 years and I will say there has never been a time where "I dont eat." Your level of service must be pretty low if there are times where you feel you dont make enough to survive. People who work at Dennys still make more than the average person in a days shift. If you dont like it servingthen get out of the business. Maybe its that you go out after every shift drinking and partying? Get past that phase or at least learn from it and dont fuck off so much with your cash.

Also if you feel your "shit eating" when it comes to your guests you must be either at the wrong restaurant or doing a very bad job. If you enjoy the money then venture out, dine at multiple restaurants, observe the atmosphere, observe the clientele, observe the management, ask questions (but dont seem like a douche), be professional, and find a place where you know you can be happy. And to bring up the "shit eating" yeah its gonna happen anywhere you go.....you cant take it? grow a fucking backbone..shitty people are everywhere in life so no worries theyll get theirs.

How many times do we have to go over the fact that people outside of north america have different standards when it comes to tipping before some of you understand? I swear to god, every time tipping comes up, like 30 people attempt to bitch out europeans/australians because they talk about how they don't tip, yet none of the people bitching them out seem to comprehend that the pay rate is totally different over there.

Five, you should probably tip a bit, at least at bars or any place that they're going to continue serving you, otherwise you run the risk of pissing off the bartender and getting shitty drinks all night.